Will Galactus 2 require Cyclops?

Nepenthe
Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Like many alliances, we made it to round 6 but couldn't complete it in time. We were about 700k away from earning a Cyclops cover. If there hadn't been outages and a broken, frustrating boss event we probably would have each got a cyclops cover. (Or if we all force-quit a bunch. Find me an alliance who beat round 8 without force quits.)

For the outage we were given 2000 iso and 100 hp, which is not bad but personally it's less than I spent on color boosts and health packs trying to win this broken event. I'm glad that you're working on retooling Galactus for the red hulk version, but is the new Cyclops going to be the essential 4* instead of Jean Grey? If so, that cuts our potential point earnings by about 20%, making it that much harder to get the other new cover.

I see a few options that would make this right:
1. Give everyone the reward for the round they were on at the end of the event. Or if that's too much, give it to those who were at least halfway through the round.

2. Don't have Cyclops as an essential node. This might annoy those who did earn him though.

3. Make the essential node Cyclops(all) so that we can use 3* Cy if we have him.

I'd prefer option 1, of course, but I think any of the above will quell the potential rage for the 2nd Galactus event.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    did the first round have anyone needed (4 star)

if a 4 star is needed i say it be

Reed richards since he is the reward from the sim pve
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. Jg was essential.
  • I'd basically say "Look at the rewards for the Simulator: Those are your Galactus 2 essentials (Give or take some)"

So it'll probably have a non-rotating out Mr. F, Classic Storm, and I Forgot Who But That 3*, with the other ones rotating out of the other two nodes.

Which could potentially be Cyclops, I guess. But if so, probably Cyclops (Any) at least, since the only one who COULD be an (Any) that wasn't last go around was the Iso 8 3* Reward Human Torch (Classic)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Likely, yes. But if they keep it like the other essentials, any version of a character useable, 3* cyclops will work, and be a better option
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Probably be a Mister Fantastic at the one 4* spot.And Black Panther is the three star that will always be required. I don't think Storm will be an any as THOR was the reward in Iso-8, but Thor not powered up in BigG? I can see Storm being one of the powered 'Any' people, anyway, because well, They don't have a lot of all tier upgraded options to go with considering what they used last time. I can Also see Iron Man (any) for that reason. All speculation though.