Just a Bad Anniversary and Fixing the Future

Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So.....this anniversary has been awful. Not just bad, but downright awful. The token rates are abysmal! Galactus was stupid. The ISO bonus rates are still giving me 40 ISO instead of the 280 and 500 levels. Progression rewards are dumb in the events. And to top it off, the devs don't plan or communicate anything well at all! I get that Galactus is supposed to dominate you. He's a devourer of worlds, after all. But in an event where points matter and the only way to get good points is by defeating him, the logic of competing and completing this event is way off!! This is not an anniversary event for the players. It's a hey, how do we screw over the players this time kind of event. If you want Galactus to be hard, make it so you always get max points for playing against him, or make the minions nodes worth WAY WAY more than what they were. Also, unless you cheat the system, we're spending way too many health packs. Galactus should kill your players, but then it shouldn't cost a health pack to revive them. Instead, make them unavailable for the next 2 fights.

Overall, this is just a terrible anniversary. Hopefully it's only a "so far" moment. I hope it gets better and rewards are better, but I doubt it. Their track records shows that they won't do anything to make this anniversary better. This game is slowly dying. Even with the addition of 5 star characters. Guess what devs?? More characters doesn't mean jack to us! Give us better ways of playing. Give us better stories and different story modes instead of "rinse and repeat" events aka running the Simulator again so soon. You're boring and lazy. Stop making all events PVP. Gives a game mode that rewards like the Gauntlet does. I don't see any of this happening tho. Because of this, I think this game will be done in about 6 months. You're losing players to your stubbornness devs. Here is how to save your game:
1. Finish the Dark Reign storyline
2. Release the Iron Patriot within the story aka rewards within the nodes like Daken and Ragnarok were.
3. Make an actual PVE mode where we are competing with other players for placement rewards
4. Release a token that awards 3 star and higher rewards. Enough of the 2 star garbage.
5. Fix the token vault. The amount of 2 stars in the vault is insulting.
6. Eliminate the 20 ISO reward. We shouldn't be rewarded with anything lower than 70.

Again, I don't see any of this happening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think I see myself never playing this game again in about 6 months. Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I recently almost rage quit some months back, but my new alliance has helped. I was hoping Anniversary Week would be a shot in the arm like the Ultron event. Unfortunately, that did not happen. This is coming from someone whose alliance completed Round 7 with a yellowflag.png Cyclops currently on his roster. Galactus was WAY hard and almost a joke to play against. The nodes got increasingly difficult, with was a downer as well. If I know I'm going to get roasted in like two turns, at least make getting there easy. No dice. I also noticed, unlike in Ultron, there was no chance of getting a Galactus token except from Galactus himself. In the Ultron event, essential nodes at least offered a chance at recruit tokens AND HP. On top of that, the draw rates have been T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E! It has been so frustrating this year to feel like the draw rates are the same as any other week. I don't feel like I'm being told "thank you" at all. Now, I know the developers are planning changes including increased draw rates, improved Galactus fights, and compensation for what we've endured so far. I appreciate that, but I feel for some players, like Nellyson, too much damage may have already been done.