PvP Progressive bonus idea

Options
I'm fairly new to the game, so this has probably been suggested before. Progressive bonuses in PvP are almost ridiculously tough to advance through. Why doesn't it base it off of total points earned, and not count in points lost from attacks? I've never seen anybody get over 700 points in a PvP event. Why are there bonuses for 2400 points?

Comments

• They raised it when you could get pts from shielded people. For the newest dare devil tourney they dropped the highest reward yo 1400. I'm guessing they'll adjust it again if it proves too easy or too hard.
  • Maybe I'm missing something, can you tell if the person you are attacking is shielded? I'm sure a lot of the points I'm losing are from retaliations. Still though, even if they up the points needed for progressive rewards but didn't count points lost towards those awards, it would reward people who played a lot but didn't have money to spend on HP to shield themselves.
  • When they first introduced shields you could still attack shielded players, and since their pts didn't go down, they'll keep reappearing in your queue and without retaliation. This made progression rewards too easy to get so they raised the required pts to 2400.

Then they changed it so shielding makes you invisible to others. So now you can't attack shielded players at all unless you had them queued before they shielded, or you're retaliating against them. This made the high tier rewards impossible to get, so the devs are lowering the pts required again.
  • Well great idea to hide shielded players which resulted in 4 players with -200 points from me in the offer. I skipped them for 30 minutes and no one else appeared. Impossible to play with such an offer, devs should think it through again I guess. Well wasted 300 HP on such a tournament.