Finger on the trigger?

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else waiting for word from anyone at D3 or Demiurge to pull the trigger on buying some HP before midnight PST (2am my time)?
No, I'm not holding my breathe nor am I expecting to spend. Just curious if anyone else still had a desire to spend at this point.

Comments

• Not at all.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Nope, committed to not spend.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had planned to leading up to the anniversary, but once things started going the way they did...
  • Thought I might have been yeah, I'm with the others on saving my money this go around
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Not at all. Before the anniversary event there was a poll or a question thread. I said then I was going to wait to see what was offered.

Anniversary tokens are hot garbage. So 30% bonus because it's not a sale. Maybe demiurge doesn't understand what a sale is. A sale indicates a Lower price. You just added more. So it's like buying a deodorant with oh 30% more for free. (Wait maybe they never called it a sale. That may have been on us players )

Wow. So w that said I've spent enough that a 30% bonus might be nice. But not after the galactus disaster and iceix insanity response. Your supposed to lose and buy health packs basically. Yeah no thanks.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Was planning on buying HP, but can't bring myself to do it during Anniversary week

I know I'm just shooting myself in the foot, since I'll be buying more HP later, but I can't reward what's happened so far with a purchase. It's been a disappointment on almost every single level.

Anti-versary week.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Was planning on buying HP, but can't bring myself to do it during Anniversary week

I know I'm just shooting myself in the foot, since I'll be buying more HP later, but I can't reward what's happened so far with a purchase. It's been a disappointment on almost every single level.

Anti-versary week.

This. I was on the fence about buying more before the event, but had pretty much talked myself into a Stark, which is a lot for me to spend on a game. A. Lot. But I waited and now I can't bring myself to give them money. I'm not even sure I'll be here a week from now.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    edited October 2015
    I was seriously considering dropping some cash this anniversary but the trifecta of Galactus, ISO bug in PVP and Demiurge's official response changed my mind to going completely FTP as long as no major changes are made.

I went from being on the fence about spending money to being on the fence about leaving the game.
  • Ehm....

No.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Echo what others have said. Was planning to buy more hp, but this anniversary event has been a real eye opener.

1. Galactus event. The disconnect. Literally. I applaud ice for his coded message. I guess maybe it's not the devs fault if the evil money men want to suck us dry. Let's at least try and remember that.

2. The tokens. Jesus they're bad. I have pulled a green carnage, which is nice, but the rest have been 2*. It feels miserly and the odds on the packs at least ain't lying!

3. The many bugs and crashes. Well ok it sucks but I've played enough games to know it happens. It's the double slap in the face when you get one miserly token for compensation.

4. The no way to take advantage of double iso. Ok this is for me the worst culprit. Iso is the single biggest bottleneck in the game, and once in awhile would be nice to earn large chunks of it. In last event I gained considerably less. Not just at having to boost lots either. This made it clear they'd rather us sink money into it.

5. Still no announcement on the 4* transition or the new game play modes to attain more covers. Since anniversary is a wash just let us know already!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I planned to buy a stark when the anniversary started as thanks for taking up way too much of my free time and sleep. After everything that could possibly go wrong had done so with the anniversary, I thought about it for a long while.

Bought the stark on the last day. I'm not happy with the game right now, but my original reason for wanting to buy it hasn't changed. Thanks for providing a free and fun outlet for my addict/hoarder tendencies for so long, devs.

Don't have anything I want to do with the hp at the moment - my normal play style affords me more than enough for roster slots and shields, and even with giving up and buying all-ap boosts for the final 2 rounds of Galactus, my stash was not in any danger of running out, but maybe eventually they'll come up with something for me to do with it.
  • Actually contemplated spending some of my amassed $600.00 in iTunes credit (long story, PM me if you really want to hear it) as a thank you for a cool anniversary wherein I was hoping to enjoy some difficult but satisfying battling, maybe get a 4* Cyke or three, fill in some of my growing 3*s and perhaps even 4*s, and most definitely get a couple/few covers for my novelty Devil Dino…

So yeah, not-so-much anymore.

Happy anniversary, and many more to come.

DBC
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I had bought a stark, but requested a refund today.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had been going back and forth between buying an Asgard Treasure or Tony Stark Salary to show my appreciation for all the fun times and to help finance my warchest. However, after witnessing how little thought and preparation was given to the Anniversary (not just talking about the Galactus event) I found myself questioning the devs' commitment to improving the game and even thought about jumping ship to Contest of Champions (my best friend has been nagging me to join). Probably won't go AWOL anytime soon but needless to say I ended up not buying anything :/
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent all last week trying to think of a way to convince my wife to let me buy some HP this time around, since I never spend money on digital currency, but I was so looking forward to this anniversary (and she could tell).

Then the event started, and after all the anger and frustration she could sense coming off of me during the event, there was no way I could convince her or myself that spending money on this game was a good idea.

It is the only mobile game that I played for a year straight without missing a day. I had to force myself to play Saturday and Sunday... for my alliance. If it was an individual event, I'd have stopped on Friday.

No money from me. Almost had this F2P guy spending money... thank goodness you had an anniversary event to stop me from doing it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to decide between $50 & $100. I ended up doing $20 because I was out of hp and needed shields for black vortex (which was a huge waste since my hop got me to 998 and got smacked down by 150+ about 5 seconds later).

I feel dirty.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I was trying to decide between $50 & $100. I ended up doing $20 because I was out of hp and needed shields for black vortex (which was a huge waste since my hop got me to 998 and got smacked down by 150+ about 5 seconds later).

I feel dirty.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

(Hopefully you understand the reference icon_e_smile.gif )
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I feel dirty.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

(Hopefully you understand the reference icon_e_smile.gif )

Me at the end of Galactus round 8:

hqdefault.jpg