By playing the Galactus fight, we may have screwed ourselves

Deadsider
Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So you give us a mode that is literally impossible (eventually) and challenge us to do our best, and we did.

Think about that.

We put our best, our cheapest, and fastest stuff out there.

We just pressure tested some teams and combos for them in a mass assault. This means we just showed them what can be exploited and what should get nerfed better than any in house testing could do. Think about it, if you wanted to see how good some teams can be, what better than to check logs and look for patterns. This could get nerfed right there.

Maybe this is a bit tin foil, perhaps. But if changes come to rebalance again, I guarantee you they look at this first as evidence.

We shot ourselves in the foot with this dumb event.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh. From what I was able to glean the stuff that got abused was either well-known already (Oh gee, Xavier and GSBW are good together? Who'd have thought?) or doesn't have much use outside of the extremely predictable conditions of a Galactus battle.

Of course, after the **** they pulled revising the event right before it went up, I've already proven myself insufficiently paranoid about this sort of thing.
  • Trying to use this as data to figure out what the fastest possible offensive team is?

Yeah, would work if Galactus' countdowns didn't do damage, and thus throw it off by letting Hulk drop 3 waves of Green tiles. (Or, let Captian Marvel get 15 Red and 9 Black)

Not exactly very fair conditions for measuring the strongest and fastest PVP teams.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I suspect it's much more likely that we've screwed ourselves by proving there is no even to spoorly designed that the playerbase will not play it out of a sense of obligation.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    When is the deluge of new threads on the same boring topic going to stop? Not singling out this specific thread since there are a multitude of them sprouting up every few hours.

Alot of posters on this forum think their great post needs to have its own thread. Tedious.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    It seems to me that Galactus was over-engineered to counter all the exploits that the Devs know about or discovered in testing, but haven't nerfed due to the last outrage.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    It seems to me that Galactus was over-engineered to counter all the exploits that the Devs know about or discovered in testing, but haven't nerfed due to the last outrage.

Y'know, Im gonna play it safe and pretend I suggested nothing right here. Even if it was obvious.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    When is the deluge of new threads on the same boring topic going to stop?

To quote Rex Harrison and Charlton Heston from The Agony and the Ecstasy:

Pope Julius II; "When will you make an end?"

Michelangelo; "When I am finished!"
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:

Y'know, Im gonna play it safe and pretend I suggested nothing right here. Even if it was obvious.
    I'm not suggesting it either. I'm just saying that it might be hard to develop PvE content when it continually issues game-breaking PvP content to boost sales. I'll bet they can rework Galactus to be challenging for most and fun for everyone, but it won't be easy.