So...double iso? Warning: long post.

WelcomeDeath
WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Was I alone on thinking the double iso incentive for anniversary week meant we'd actually be able to earn twice what we normally do in a day?
First off, no pve other than galactus. You can only do nodes one time, so you get a minimal amount of iso / rewards compared to a regular pve. Also, Galactus node you're "supposed to lose", so no real rewards either. Plus, no grinding AND 3 days of no pve placement awards.
Second, pvp (black vortex). Double iso in progression, great, I'll take it. But when over half my battles leave me nothing but points to raise my score and no reward? Really? That's like telling an employee they'll be getting 2x the amount of pay in their paycheck...but only getting it every other week rather than weekly. It's a zero net sum.
Third, ddq. I know I'll be told it's my fault for misunderstanding, but I figured we'd get 2x iso here, too. Wrong again.
Lightning rounds...we'll see. Those typically start Tuesday night during the regular season, so I won't know conclusively until then.
Maybe it's just me. I typically earn about 12k to 15k is in a day. Earned about 9k today, making 1000 pts in pvp, so nearly full progression there. That's LESS than normal.
Maybe that's the theme of the anniversary, though. Less hp, less iso, pve rewards all but the top players of the top alliances will get (mine cleared round 8, exactly 4 players out of 20 so far made legendary. We usually almost all get it), a pve event in general that in no way welcomes newcomers (I'd imagine if you're less than ~ 200 days in, galactic was totally unplayable), lower % rates for higher tier covers in tokens. All with a "sale" pre-loaded to get people to buy ahead because "there's great stuff coming". That's like a department store filling their display windows with designer clothes on black friday, telling people all items are $10, no question, we recommend purchasing a store gift card ahead of time...then switching all the items to thing normally worth $7. Seriously?

Comments

• PLBIV
    PLBIV Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, I noticed the exact same thing. And on Wednesdays I get over 30K. I haven't gotten 30K the whole weekend.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Last year they doubled ISO for prologue too. Glad I did 100% then while I could.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I agree with welcome death. The only positive I will say is the 500 ISO reward I got to share a lot w Facebook friends and had a few come in too. So anyone on steam should be extra mad.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    nwman wrote:
    I agree with welcome death. The only positive I will say is the 500 ISO reward I got to share a lot w Facebook friends and had a few come in too. So anyone on steam should be extra mad.

Please don't remind me. All that missing iso8.png could have gone to great use!
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup, was hoping for a lot of extra ISO and HP this anniversary event. Not so much icon_e_sad.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will have 19h between matches because there are no events to play.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP Iso rewards were good. I only played to 450 points and racked up tons of ISO. I got 500 Iso after every match plus the bonus Iso plus the progression rewards. I also got decent Iso from Galactus (I only played to round 5 then quit). As a day 90 player Galactus was unplayable at round 5
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Dauthi wrote:
    Last year they doubled ISO for prologue too. Glad I did 100% then while I could.
    I was going to include this, but felt the post was too long already. I was hoping they'd do this because I wasn't here last year for it and was planning on farming is in prologue...no luck.
  • Didn't we also get double win bonus iso last year too?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't we also get double win bonus iso last year too?

Yes, we did...
    One more reason to be dissappointed be this "celebration".
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    You forgot to mention that we had to use a ton of rescources (boosts) to fight Galactus. It's not much when you see them one by one, but it sums up nicely...for d3
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    On one hand the PvP rewards were doubled. On the other hand half of my matches gave me no rewards and dropped straight to the VS screen at the end.

Worked out about business as usual for me.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    On one hand the PvP rewards were doubled. On the other hand half of my matches gave me no rewards and dropped straight to the VS screen at the end.

Worked out about business as usual for me.

I've been playing the class of 2015 PvP and haven't noticed that bug yet. Is it still there? Double ISO is pretty great when chewing through seed teams. Hopefully the Lightning rounds tomorrow are doubled or there will be quite a bit of justified complaining.