Bring them to the volcano!!!

TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Okay, since the recent anniversary, I'm kinda resolved not to spend money anymore. Previously, I had spent money in order to make sure I had one of each character, because I'm one of "those" people.

Anyway, I'd rather clean out some 1 and 2* characters to make room for eventual 4 and 5*. Who is good to sacrifice? Bagman is obvious. As is Yelena. By contrast, Juggs and OBW seem like good ones to hold onto.

Aaaaaand...discuss.

Comments

• Knowing more details about your roster is kinda important for that.

Also is posting this in the "Roster help" forum

viewforum.php?f=33
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Well...I didn't even realize that forum existed. Shoot.

Never mind, I'll post in there, makes more sense. Thanks!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well...I didn't even realize that forum existed. Shoot.

Never mind, I'll post in there, makes more sense. Thanks!

I do not see a new thread made, so i will just move this one for you, so you don't have to start over.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut is basically the only 1* you need. He can clean out the one-star node of the DDQ all by himself and works wonders in Balance of power and Combined arms.
    For two-stars, remember to keep an open slot to recruit the essential character of choice for the current PvE. You should definitely keep OBW though.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're still not able to field a roster of 3* characters, a good 2* team to hold onto is Thor/Storm/Magneto. As Quebbster mentioned, you really only need Juggernaut as your 1*, and OBW will continue to be useful for a very long time. Beyond that, we'll need to know more about your roster.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're still not able to field a roster of 3* characters, a good 2* team to hold onto is Thor/Storm/Magneto. As Quebbster mentioned, you really only need Juggernaut as your 1*, and OBW will continue to be useful for a very long time. Beyond that, we'll need to know more about your roster.
    i'll add keep ares and until you can replace them with a usable 3* version, daken and axwolvie are very useful. My recommendation on 2* keeps are: storm, mnmags, ares, obw and then at least until you can replace them with the 3* version, thor, daken, ax wolvie. I've also kept hawkeye - just to play with when boosted and for what I think will be another ultron/avenger event, but that hasn't happened in a while. I've also kept thor for big enchilada (I like him better than the 3* there), even though I have a 166 thor and a dupe at 70 (but covered and almost spec'ed right)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I've also kept thor for big enchilada (I like him better than the 3* there), even though I have a 166 thor and a dupe at 70 (but covered and almost spec'ed right)
    Out of curiosity, why do you like 2* thor better than 3* for the big enchilada?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* thor's abilities hit much harder than 2*. sounds like that is what you want, right? however, if you finish rd 1/3 TOO fast, you don't give yourself enough time for ap accumulation and then you face a character team in rd 2/4. I think 2* thor feeds storm's green just fine without dominating too much. admittedly it is very niche use, but he's usable when boosted in pve too. many substitute 3* as soon as they can and that can work too because you have much more health to work with, even if you do get there "too soon" - i'll recommend wait until the 3* has 5 yellow covers.

I just know that most every time I enter wave 3 with at least 22 blue and most of the others in the 20s too, sometimes in the 30s and most always enter wave 4 pegged at 30 in all other than red (what I use to end wave 3 with).

also, it is due to a discussion a dev had that indicated big enchilada was really for 3* characters and almost nobody used 2*s for it. this was true once I fully got to 3* land, but how I got there was using 2*s for that node. because of his comment, I went back to using 2*s and thormneto is my team. I do it so my data point is using a full 2* team.

edit: if you are hurting badly for roster slots, ditching 2* thor is perfectly fine. nothing wrong with inserting 3* thor into there when covered.