Devil Dino - next DDQ 4-star?!

I see devil dino at second position in the Taco Vault?! Are you seriously going to put Devil Dino against a lvl 270 character when you only give out Dino covers once a year!!

After the gastly "anniversary" event - are you seriously considering making Devil Dino the required character?!

Comments

• Hopefully, it'll be against a hilarious character or something.

Like Bag-Man or Professor X with a hopefully useless teamup. Use those dinoarms to get rid of that invisibility tile!

Or Galactus himself. (If a much lower level version)

I can't imagine who'd be an interesting opponent for a pretty straightforward character.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    He better be fighting a cream puff opponent.

And even so, this is a cruel choice. This isn't supposed to be a celebration of how great last year's anniversary was. But so far only those with very mature rosters have had any chance to really enjoy this week.

Last year my 2* roster got me a 3/1/4 dino during anniversary. This year in would be surprised is most 2* players can get 1/1/1. Pretty hard to do 4*ddq with that.

Edited for damn autocorrect.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Last year my 2* roster got me a 3/1/4 so No during anniversary. This year in would be surprised is most 2* players can get 1/1/1. Pretty hard to do 4*ddq with that.

I agree, I started playing a few months before the anniversary sl I didn't win any at the time. I got lucky and won one this weekend so I'm now 1/2/1-94, if the DD-DDQ is inline with the usual 4* DDQ, I might win it in 5 years.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1/1/5 will be amazing against any lvl 395! For 7 AP I can do 300 damage.. I got this!
  • Dino vs Juggernaut 270 to remember the galactus event.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    If they want to show some love to their fans for the rest of this atrocity, then the 4* DDQ node should be Devil Dino vs. Prof X.

...in a dance-off.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Hey, my DD is at 2/5/4! (I even managed to pull 2 DD red covers from this week's anniversary tokens, which is the only positive thing I can say about the whole event.) If they give a sufficiently weak opponent, I might have a chance!
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    The popular rumor is he will be facing a maxed out Bagman
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even against Bagman, most would lose just from match damage. But really, he's the only one people would have a chance against.

I want to see Bagman, but with some crazy nuke TU, like Full Blast. It would be funny to have to deny team up tiles.
  • I kinda want to see him face a a Level 350 Galactus by himself.

....altered so that he makes one 4 turn countdown a turn that makes 2 2AP cosmic tiles or whatnot. And with lower HP.

But still, it'd be funny to be all "Oh, All the Marvel heroes together couldn't stand up to him but our Hero Devil Dinosaur saves the day by himself"
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I would luv to see a dance-off between Devil Dino and Loki! Beware a 270 Loki! He'll be haunting your dreams! icon_twisted.gif
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Same reason there will be a PvP event for Devil Dino. It helps reward players who have been around since last year.

Anyways, the DDQ 4* is not supposed to be available to everyone, more for 4* or 5* progression. If anything, a Devil Dino could be more accessible than some other DDQ 4*'s since he is easier to get.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    puppychow wrote:
    I would luv to see a dance-off between Devil Dino and Loki! Beware a 270 Loki! He'll be haunting your dreams! icon_twisted.gif

Loki got moves : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8SMlFEbn-w
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume Devil Dino will be added to regular tokens, etc. - probably after the anniversary. IIRC, a year ago there were three 4* characters in circulation (XF, IW, Fury), they were still trophies of rarity. Today, 4* is the new meta and very likely on the cusp of transitioning to the standard level of play (via regularly run 4* pvp events, etc.). With the advent of the 5* rarity and continued release of 4* characters, it doesn't make sense for a single one of these characters to be unavailable 51 weeks of the year.

Adding DD to the 4* DDQ means that vets get a good shot at that day, but there will have been enough players who get a small handful of covers who will likely take a shot at it. They've already stated that the XF Deadpool week was a data gathering exercise since he's not as widely covered as XF/Iw/Fury/Thor.
  • The popular rumor is he will be facing a maxed out Bagman
    I'm kind of thinking he may be facing Carnage...because shared red/green and his dancing would flood the board with strike tiles. Or maybe they will really troll us and have him face his PVE cousin, the Devil Dino that hits like a lvl 200 Jugs on both his red and green.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    I kinda want to see him face a a Level 350 Galactus by himself.

....altered so that he makes one 4 turn countdown a turn that makes 2 2AP cosmic tiles or whatnot. And with lower HP.

But still, it'd be funny to be all "Oh, All the Marvel heroes together couldn't stand up to him but our Hero Devil Dinosaur saves the day by himself"

If you play SG against him, she befriends him and you get Cosmic Blast as a TU boost.

Squirrel%20Girl%2011.jpg
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would've made more sense if Dino was the award for Class of 2015, since then the rewards would hit before the DDQ, and then the Dino event would have him as the 1k progression offering an extra opportunity.

Otherwise, Dino on the 15th for DDQ seems ill-timed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fear he might be facing Carnage...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Loki - Battle of the cheap/annoying purple powers. The match will last so long that Galactus will be refreshed in the meantime