Why limit Devil Dino's drop rate during Anniversary?

Carnage_78
Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anniversary is a mess. High expectations that are now shattering all over the place. The Galactus event is an epic fail that is frustrating the players rather than make them celebrate the game they play. But let's not get into that here though.

I simply want to understand why would Devil Dino's drop rate would be so limited on the one time of the year that we can actually get some of those covers? (I know I won't actually get a satisfying answer but I still want to voice out my disappointment).

Yes, I am well aware of the official response of "We are giving more tokens to even the odds" but to me it is not making sense. We can't get that character any other way, so why be stingy about it? Should it not be a celebration character?

Apart from all the other stuff that I am trying to suppress memory of at the moment, the one thing I was looking forward to about Anniversary was getting my Devil Dino a little better covered & that seems like it won't happen any time soon at this rate.

Last year, I had been playing the game only for 2 or 3 months when Anniversary came along & I did not hold on to my Devil Dino covers because I needed to roster so many other characters (rookie mistake, never sell any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers) so I was hoping to make up for that this time around now that I've got the 3 Daily Rewards covers on my roster. Major let down so far.

I feel like I will be lucky to get barely a cover or two by the end of it & I am actually buying the daily token deal to better my odds. Right now, I only pulled star.pngstar.pngiso8.png out of the many that I've opened so far. It would be such a frustration if I ended up only getting the Alliance Season reward cover (& probably the 1k reward cover during the Devil Dino event) when it is all said & done.

My MPQ Anniversary wish is to get a few covers out of the tokens to make it worth while. Hopefully, it will come true.

Comments

• Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    There's a Devil Dino drop?

I thought the whole event was Moonstone's birthday!
  • Carnage_78
    Druss wrote:
    There's a Devil Dino drop?

I thought the whole event was Moonstone's birthday!
    Kind of feels like it, doesn't it? icon_eek.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Carnage_78 wrote:

Yes, I am well aware of the official response of "We are giving more tokens to even the odds" but to me it is not making sense. We can't get that character any other way, so why be stingy about it? Should it not be a celebration character?

Except that giving more tokens really doesn't even the odds, since the prizes aren't in a vault and the odds are per draw.

It's like selling a product at a loss, and saying you'll make it up in volume.
  • Kind of a sad "celebration" when we can't even expect to get a couple covers for what is essentially a novelty character…

I ended up with 3 dinos last time around and not much else, but it was cool to get something that was "special," and considering the condition of my roster, I felt perfectly valued as a player, and at the end of the celebration, I felt like I was included, even as a much weaker player.

On top of everything else, they announce that he's back in the tokens, and then drop the odds, for a celebratory novelty character.

It just gets better…

DBC
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Because of reasons.
  • Because there is clearly a disconnect...Ice said so

And pulling DevilDino Covers has been proven to be unfun.

easy...marc
  • Carnage_78
    Well, I guess my wish was granted with the Anniversary token odds changing significantly for icon_devildino.pngicon_mrgreen.gif

Now, let's see if I can pull a few before the end of the Anniversary season. icon_cool.gif

EDIT: Too bad I did not hoard all my Anniversary tokens simply to be able to buy the daily deal each day. I probably would get a few icon_devildino.png out of them all. icon_e_confused.gif
  • In an earlier post Ice said the devil Dino drop rate is low because most people already have him fully covered...

I got 8 purple and one red last year. I would love to get some more covers.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    As usual, successful execution of a poorly thought out plan.
    lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    lower odds of Devil Dinosaur since many players already have all the covers they need of him

This kinda caters to Year 1 players. I would like to add covers to my 1/2/5 Dino. This is the 2nd anniversary, so there is a lot of players that have started within the past year, who don't have any Dino.

I think it's safe to assume that even the players with all the covers they need of him, would prefer drawing him over a 2* or 3* because they could sell him for 1000 ISO instead of 250 or 500 ISO.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_devildino.pngredflag.pngredflag.png in my Anniv 10 pack from progression.. prior to this, 0!

Now here is hoping his 4* DDQ is against bagman or loki lol.. something we can beat with a 2 cover icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    lukewin wrote:
    As usual, successful execution of a poorly thought out plan.
    lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    lower odds of Devil Dinosaur since many players already have all the covers they need of him

This kinda caters to Year 1 players. I would like to add covers to my 1/2/5 Dino. This is the 2nd anniversary, so there is a lot of players that have started within the past year, who don't have any Dino.

I think it's safe to assume that even the players with all the covers they need of him, would prefer drawing him over a 2* or 3* because they could sell him for 1000 ISO instead of 250 or 500 ISO.

I was one person already stung by cashing in my tokens prior to the percentage "boost" and no I did not pull any DD's The thing that really gets me mad is IceIX's reply makes no sense. By most players he must mean the people that played from day one, had awesome drop rates from last years event and hit the 365 day rewards...hmmm so basically everyone that started after October 18th of last year is a minority? I would really like to see stats on how many people have played through the first year and how many signed up after the anniversary b/c by my count the ONLY way to get DD is during anniversary or the 365th day mark...which in itself is incredibly lame, he is in the game, you get a loaner from time to time, and you fight against him from time to time but he is not available in tokens? C'mon guys let him out of the box already...