What we have learned

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've decided to take a break from slating this event and try to focus on what I have learned from it, all things have lessons to be learned.

1. Never use the sale before the event: Crafty move on the part of D3 here by putting on a sale before people could realise how pointless their purchases would be. I will certainly learn from this lesson and make sure to take advantage of a sale only when I've seen what it can yield. Can't imagine how disappointed I'd be if I'd paid for 31 MHawkeyes and 29 Ms Marvels (very likely given my token pulls from this event). Although now I've said this it would not suprise me at all if D3 suddenly decide that to ONLY make sales available before the event and not during. Drat why did I just say that?

2. All that glitters is not gold: Prior to this event I had actually praised D3 for keeping this game completely accessible for F2P peeps like me (though I was about to become a paying customer). I still maintain that but have to admit that this event was definitely an attempt to gain 28 AP and use the "Drain Bank" power.

3. Vote with your Wallet: Everytime you make a purchase you are giving a positive vote for that particular thing. Don't buy anything during this event and the programmers will have to view it as a failure and not use it again. It's a simple behavioural conditioning principle, you give positive re-enforcement (in this case money) to the behaviour you want to re-enforce. So save your bucks and simply spend them when you start enjoying the game again and you will be casting your vote for the right thing and encouraging them to continue doing whatever it is you are enjoying.

That's all guys... Happy Anniversary hope you all enjoyed your large collections of Moonstones/Ms Marvel/MHawkeye. I know I did - all 17 of them icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    buying hero points from the sale is not a bad thing, you can use it to buy rosters or covers after the bitter taste of this event and you have moved on. but spending on anniversary/Galactus tokens or any tokens during the anniversary week, is a really bad idea, that reinforces the idea we liked what was happening this anniversary week.

I know they would never show us the sales of health packs and +all boost, so we can see how they would compared between the weeks before, during, and after. that is where they will be making their money from us and to justify the travesty of this event.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    buying hero points from the sale is not a bad thing, you can use it to buy rosters or covers if the bitter taste of this event and that you have moved on. but spending on anniversary/Galactus tokens or any tokens during the anniversary week, is a really bad idea, that reinforces the idea we liked what was happening this anniversary week.

I know they would never show us the sales of health packs and +all boost, so we can see how they would compared between the weeks before, during, and after. that is where they will be making their money from us and to justify the travesty of this event.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    buying hero points from the sale is not a bad thing, you can use it to buy rosters or covers after the bitter taste of this event and you have moved on. but spending on anniversary/Galactus tokens or any tokens during the anniversary week, is a really bad idea, that reinforces the idea we liked what was happening this anniversary week.

Valid point Mr Koala, I should perhaps modify my point to say only buy roster slots and do not but tokens, boosts or health packs
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I've learned that the MPQ team is running on rails made of new characters (I already knew, but held out hope like a noob). If we get anything resembling new content, well, we'd better be eternally grateful for it! Have they ever hired someone new (besides Hi-Fi)? You'd think hiring new blood to help expand your thriving game would be pretty obvious. The same small team has been tasked with making money, and it shows.

The same mindset has been in place for two years, which hammers home that MPQ is just like every other F2P game out there. It's not our special gem, different than all the others. As often said elsewhere, the addition of Alliances was the smartest bet they ever made. Would you still be here without them?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I learned that Demiurge, or the people who sign their paychecks, could not care less if their game is any good.