Do NOT run Galactus event a second time

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, don't do it.

I've already told my alliance that I'm not playing it if it is run again.

If they do change it ( which they won't) we won't be told the changes and it will just be more celebratory frustration.

If frustration, anger, feeling like a useless participant to my alliance and a failure all=Fun... then i'm all funned out.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    If they do it again I'm going to create a one person alliance for myself just for this event and clean sweep the progression rewards from rounds 1 to 4 when the event was actually doable

Or I'm just going to find something else to do that is actually enjoyable

Probably the latter
  • Rather they should change the prizes.
    Red Hulk covers for round 5,6,7
    And Legendary Token for round 8
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    If they do change it ( which they won't)
    I hope you're right, since my sincere expectation is that they WILL change it, and make it harder. Too many people have failed to achieve the stated goal of "you're supposed to lose". Just as in the pre-release, I fully expect winning strategies will be blocked.
  • simonsez wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    I hope you're right, since my sincere expectation is that they WILL change it, and make it harder. Too many people have failed to achieve the stated goal of "you're supposed to lose". Just as in the pre-release, I fully expect winning strategies will be blocked.

Oh yeah...i totally smell a double down on the Devs part here.

I fully expect them to change this...and not for the better.

The second round will be even worse...mark it down.

easy...marc
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    djsquillz wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Oh yeah...i totally smell a double down on the Devs part here.

I fully expect them to change this...and not for the better.

The second round will be even worse...mark it down.

easy...marc
    Just wanted to agree with you both. Based on past experience I see them making it harder, not easier.
  • They didn't do all this programming and get these art assets and junk just to trash the entire event after one go.

It'll probably be added as a standard repeated PVE event like Simulator or Gauntlet or whatnot.

I do expect some changes, but getting top rewards ain't ever going to be easy so long as it's a 4*.

Maybe it'll be more doable when the rewards are 3 Colossus covers and maybe one XF Deadpool
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    How could they make it harder? Apart from the side nodes it's frickin impossible. I've been so disappointed by this event. Lucky I've so many in my roster. Just end up sacrificing players who are rarely used to galactus. Either they didn't test this game or they're trying to end it and move on. Happy Anniversary ( Not).
  • Ir0nF1sh wrote:
    How could they make it harder? Apart from the side nodes it's frickin impossible. I've been so disappointed by this event. Lucky I've so many in my roster. Just end up sacrificing players who are rarely used to galactus. Either they didn't test this game or they're trying to end it and move on. Happy Anniversary ( Not).

Easy.

Professor X is incapacitated by the presence of Galactus. Good luck!

The only ways you can beat rounds 7+8 are cheating the game by force closing or using some Prof X combo, and even with combo you are likely to cheat a few times.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you get 30 black hulks pants rips off blinding all for a total win
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    was a date ever provided for the proposed second run?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will run again. At 5am BST it is all automated to restart with new rewards and a higher difficulty. About 3pm my time developers will start to roll into the office, a bit bleary eyed and hungover then after a few hours reading forum posts they may call a strategy meeting. This meeting will last a couple of hours or a dozen doughnuts and 2 or 3 coffee's then may, just may make a change. By which time I will be starting my night shift.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only ways you can beat rounds 7+8 are cheating the game by force closing or using some Prof X combo, and even with combo you are likely to cheat a few times.

Not true at all, the team I used was 3* and under.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    wiz_biz wrote:
    was a date ever provided for the proposed second run?

It will very likely start a few hours in the end of the Simulator PVE.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    hmm...i could have sworn i saw that it would begin tomorrow at noon eastern, but finding it impossible to track down with the influx of new threads...
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    If they run both concurrently I suppose the Simulator's engagment will curbstomp Galactus'.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    Seriously, don't do it.

I've already told my alliance that I'm not playing it if it is run again.

If they do change it ( which they won't) we won't be told the changes and it will just be more celebratory frustration.

If frustration, anger, feeling like a useless participant to my alliance and a failure all=Fun... then i'm all funned out.

Sorry, JVReal, but I disagree completely.

Just run it again, exactly the same, but with Red Hulk rewards.

Both rewards are new 4*s, so no need to alter the anything, anything at all.

My greatest fear at this point is that they change ANYTHING.

If they try to make it "easier" they will screw it up.

At least we are familiar with this mess.

Just run it and get it over with.

The only way this event should be rerun with no changes is if they swapped out the proposed Red Hulk rewards for Silver Surfer or Old Man Logan & the Galactus Hungers tokens for Legendary ones.

In my opinion, the rewards would then be appropriately calibrated to the difficulty.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Ir0nF1sh wrote:

Easy.

Professor X is incapacitated by the presence of Galactus. Good luck!

The Devs cheated by making the event harder every time a strategy was suggested in the thread that introduced the stupid event.

Players gonna play play play.

Shake it off.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    mohit7292 wrote:
    Rather they should change the prizes.
    Red Hulk covers for round 5,6,7
    And Legendary Token for round 8

This is what I feel is appropriate rewards for the difficulty of this event. Lots of alliances who were willing to put in some effort got past round 5 only to get completely stuck on round 6. Only high-tier super active alliances seem to be beating round 8, so a legendary appropriate for them. My alliance is not hardcore enough that we were expecting all the rewards, but with as hyped as we were for the event and as many people were gunning to do every single node every single refresh, we thought we'd get one cover and if we were good maybe two. As is, it'd take a miracle for us to clear round 6 on this last refresh.
  • a grumbler
    a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I beat G a few times but usually just sacrificed to play side events.
    If you happen to be in a fairly weak alliance you really have no chance, so a bit unfair.
    Maybe limit the number of participants from each alliance: most alliances should be able to fine 5 or so players to represent the team while the rest can do the other challenges. That would make it fairer and funner. if that's a word.
  • a grumbler
    a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    *typo noted: FIND 5 players.
    i.e. alliance captain nominates who will represent the alliance.