if cyclops release was a regular pve

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So how are your alliances all doing?

Currently we are in 8th round. So we have 2 covers. Which is around what we'd get if we just phoned it in for a 100 spot finish. And we'd mostly all get legendary tokens. And our iso and hp balances would be higher.

Galactus event? Well I think a few of us can get legendary token. I am having to use iso and hp boosts to down galactus. So if I push I will lose even more hp.

Now my expectations were low for this anniversary. To make lots of iso and hp. Maybe pull some nice covers. But most importantly to celebrate the game and have fun. Talk about your disconnects!

So how did you all do? 2 covers, iso made and characters leveled up. Not much else. Pvp been kinder for pulls as it happens.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary and Galactus token pulls have been an abomination for me. 15 pulls and almost an even split of MHawkeye and Ms Marvel.

This morning the first standard token I opened yielded a luke cage so I think I'd rather be rewarded with those
  • Thus far, since the introduction of legendary tokens in PVE, I have nabbed one for each event. With the exception of ISO-8 Brotherhood, which is a garbage event anyway, most of these events required effort to get there, but nothing unreasonable. Three full clears and a handful of points here and there and that token is yours.

That feels fair. Those three clears get players engaging in the game once every 8-10 hours for a decent amount of play. It's not a cakewalk to get, but it's not nintendo hard either.

So much has been said about this already, it's not worth repeating in detail here. Suffice it to say that Dark Souls is a game on rails straight to the finish line compared to the Galactus event. And there is literally no reward. When you are expected to lose and losing nets you nothing, what is the point?

My alliance is PVP focused, but we put in some effort in to this one. The upper half of the alliance is all deep 3* and above. We are currently in Round 6 with about 2 million needed to nab that one cover. Considering that we are running out of time and the difficulty scale shot WAY up, it's gonna be hard to get there.

The double ISO situation is a joke. You get double ISO as a reward for WINNING. But in an event established to not win, it's just an ISO suck. And there's only two events running!

I lucked out and grabbed an Ant-Man blueflag.png from a Galactus token, but I could have pulled that from any token, and I have less ISO now than when the anniversary season began.

So a regular PVE event would have been MUCH, MUCH better for myself, and most likely for the majority of the player base.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Normally, in PvE I place in the top 50. Top 100 if it's a new character, as there's more people flooding in. I didn't even make it to the second HP progression reward before giving up. The Galactus node only dropped one token in the number of times I've beaten him. I got 3 40 isos in a row, which is what probably officially killed it for me.

Now, I can't complain about about token pulls. Out of the 10 token (between Galactus and Anniversary) I've pulled only 3 have been 2* and one was 600HP (which allowed me to grab another roster spot, which allowed me to open my stored Legendary tokens, which got me my first Jean Grey). But I was mostly hoping this event to lead to double iso and HP more than anything. This event has been stingy with both. I'm sure I would have gotten more iso from standard PvE nodes and I certainly would have gotten more HP (as the Galactus nodes give none) through placing decently each sub. The rewards so far are jokes.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting two more covers than I would on a new 4* pve.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad someone raised this topic. I have not yet missed a PvE legendary. This will likely be my first. I'm nearing a million and that's probably all she wrote.

But, and this is a big but, I also regularly make top 20 in 4* releases. This is nowhere near the amount of effort and time for two covers in a standard release. That requires 3, 4 or 7 days with 24 hour subs that require massive grinding at the end of each. The time commitment is nuts.

Galactus is like banging your head against a wall, but this was an easy 2 covers and a pretty relaxed pace.

I'm more upset about **** token draws than anything else.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Well, I'm now at 700k for points. I'm not using an exploit which is why Seventeen attempts at the BigG in Round six has yielded only two wins. I've LOST Iso on the Galactus fights, needing to pay for +2 boosts. I won't buy Anniversary tokens, not even for fifty, not with those pull odds. I've got Seven BigG tokens and I will include the free token for my Anni's. Which comes up to Four? (I'm only including otherwise what comes directly from this event. Not Black Vortex, and seasons.) It has yielded a Doc Ock in a useless colour, and Ten varied 2*. Mostly Moonstone. Honestly if I saw Crystals in an anniversary, I'd weep for Joy. The time commitment is less I will admit, but My alliance might JUST barely pull off a single cyclops cover for us. Still 900k health on the beast for round six.

So I'd have preferred a regular event. I'd get a single cover, I would be up Iso and HP, By a fine chunk, and while I'd have gotten Less tokens. (Three day Event so I count Nine. Three for my work, Three for the alliance. Two from progression, One Legendary.) I personally would be Vastly up. And Two tokens does not sound like a lot to me, especially two tokens with worse draw odds than the three heroics my alliance would give me.

So uh... Vast fail, still not fun, still a slot machine, still bashing my head into a wall, Oh and the constant stream of five matches equals 800 iso loss. Each time I do them. With virtually no more gain at this level. I don't know why I still put on Boosts, maybe because I'm doing my best to help my team.

(Edit: Uhhh, I guess the Double Iso on Black Vortex would be nice... if I ever got win rewards from Black Vortex...)