If you are really unsatisfied, change your App Store rating

brisashi
brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That is the best way to get them to take our complaints seriously.

Simply voicing ourselves on their forums has proven inadequate.

Comments

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Agreed. Make it so they can't ignore it. #supposed to lose
  • I just did mine. Thanks for the idea. Maybe it'll catch on!
  • Changed it
  • Remember to bring your rating back up some time in the future!

If you don't, you won't be able to lower it again in protest when something you don't like happens!

I remember seeing people supermad about MN!Mags nerfs on the Steam review page. It felt kinda silly that some considered it a gamebreaker (Cause he and Storm was one of the strongest 2* teams, letting them hit way above their belt)

You got to keep in mind later protests and all!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    This would probably work better on Apple's app store than on Android's Play store. From what I noticed the last time the community bombed the app rating after the X-force/Thoria nerf, the Apple store rating actually significantly decreased while the Google Play one stays about the same, even though you can see that a ton of people have left or changed to 1-star ratings. I think this is because Apple's algorithm taking more into account the recent reviews, while Google algorithm uses a simple average of all reviews regardless of timing.

Still, they do show the most recent and most "helpful" reviews so it definitely helps to leave bad reviews in protest. The only way to make a company listen, unfortunately, is to hit them in the wallets, and leaving bad reviews will definitely affect their future cash flow.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Done mine - though in uk App Store it's still showing as 4.5 star on average so you can see why Devi might think we are a small but vocal minority
  • brisashi
    The iOS version has less than 300 reviews total.

If even 50 people change their rating it will make a difference.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play Store currently has 191,000(ish) reviews so a few hundred poor reviews won't make a significant change. My own review has been at 1* since the true healing change and always will be at 1*
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They said in the past they don't care about store ratings.

So don't expect any effect.
  • brisashi
    Bowgentle wrote:
    They said in the past they don't care about store ratings.

So don't expect any effect.

I don't believe them.