Class of 2015.. Really..

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I noticed the Class of 2015 PVP is up. I eagerly check out the rewards to see Squirrel Girl as the reward.. Let's be real, while she has a cult following in MPQ, she's low tier, and to make it worse her yellow, arguably the worst 3* abilities in the game is T150.

Then IW yellow is #1 with Elektra red for 1000pts.. Two of the oldest 4*s that no one wants.. Why isn't Devil Dino rewarded for this event? At this point I think I might just skip the rest of this event. The token pull rate isn't helping things.. Disappointment is an understatement.

Comments

• I'm going to guess Devil Dinosaur isn't a reward because Women of Marvel is next (Which IW and SG are), and that after that would be Devil Dino's PVP, where he'd be a reward before (If may just be a bracket winner reward)
  • The last Women of Marvel had a Wilson Fisk reward for 1000. How womanly was that? Don't read in to old rewards (existing characters) too much. They cycle through them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The four-stars are handed out in alphabetical order. It just so happens there are no four-stars beginning with F, G or H, so Invisible Woman comes after Elektra.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Woo. Anniversary. Feel the excitement. Are you feeling it yet? How about now?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels like someone went to the Dollar Store for my Anniversary gift... Cheap, useless and no thought whatsoever.
  • Yeah, but on the bright side, if I manage to hit the 3000 season progression reward (almost double the 10-pack, mind you) with my newly borked MMR and scaling post-SS, I'll win…

A 2* Wolvie.

Wait, WHAT?!

DBC
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I noticed the Class of 2015 PVP is up. I eagerly check out the rewards to see Squirrel Girl as the reward.. Let's be real, while she has a cult following in MPQ, she's low tier, and to make it worse her yellow, arguably the worst 3* abilities in the game is T150.

It almost always seems to be the case that they do that with the covers, giving the least useful ones most easily or often. This seems counter-intuitive to me as surely the chance of somebody spending money on buying a power would happen more often if they were giving out the better standalone powers available to a character more easily e.g. cyclops red seems like the most useful on one cover so of course it is the round 8 award in this event.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what? Squirrel Girl is not nearly as bad as everyone wants her to be. Boosted, she adds a really nice element to the team. Her green is actually quite good, and purple hits like a **** truck when there are specials on the board. Yes, her yellow is a big bucket of ****. But are we really demanding every character have three good powers now? That's more than we've been conditioned to expect...

Everything else in the OP are okay in my books. I just wanted to defend poor Squirrel Girl, Vice-President of the Under-Appreciated Character Club.
  • Yeah, but on the bright side, if I manage to hit the 3000 season progression reward (almost double the 10-pack, mind you) with my newly borked MMR and scaling post-SS, I'll win…

A 2* Wolvie.

Wait, WHAT?!

DBC

What I'm getting from that is less "Why is a 2* worth more then a 10 pack" and more "They really are just giving away those Anniversary tokens easily, ain't they?"

Although it may depend on how many PVPs are in this season, cause I ain't sure about that.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    You know what? Squirrel Girl is not nearly as bad as everyone wants her to be. Boosted, she adds a really nice element to the team. Her green is actually quite good, and purple hits like a tinykitty truck when there are specials on the board. Yes, her yellow is a big bucket of ****. But are we really demanding every character have three good powers now? That's more than we've been conditioned to expect...

Everything else in the OP are okay in my books. I just wanted to defend poor Squirrel Girl, Vice-President of the Under-Appreciated Character Club.

I'll never understand some of the dislike for her in MPQ. Her yellow has actually saved my bacon and set up some better moves, her green is pretty sweet, and her purple?

Yes, yes, PLEASE use Blade, lDaken, Wolvie, ULTRON, etc… we LOVES us some tile generators…

DBC
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    You know what? Squirrel Girl is not nearly as bad as everyone wants her to be. Boosted, she adds a really nice element to the team. Her green is actually quite good, and purple hits like a tinykitty truck when there are specials on the board. Yes, her yellow is a big bucket of ****. But are we really demanding every character have three good powers now? That's more than we've been conditioned to expect...

I think part of the problem is that we got two other great purple/green users around the same time: Iron Fist and Kamala Khan. Squirrel Girl is good, but not quite as good as those two.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

I think part of the problem is that we got two other great purple/green users around the same time: Iron Fist and Kamala Khan. Squirrel Girl is good, but not quite as good as those two.

No argument there. icon_lol.gif

DBC