lets switch it up and talk about an old problem

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, we've all had issues with point values in pvp. the node saying it's worth one thing, and then you actually get much less. well, this just happened to me.

was sitting on 769 in vortex. cycled through and found a potentially winnable match for 33 points. beat it. woot, 800 yeah!? nope match worth 22. so i go back to the node selection screen. says my score is 802, which it should have been had the match been worth what it said it was going to be.

so i went out of the event and back in and sure enough my score was 791.

so, someone, explain that. how does the game say it's worth 33 points, it gives me 22 points. it puts my score where it would have been had i been given 33 points. then when i log out and back it it adjusted my score.

i'm sure many of us have long suspected something was up with pvp scoring but this, to me, is a bit of a red flag. after having so many discrepancies with points, and especially at critical progression junctures in the events, i just don't know what to say.

Comments

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I've always assumed that it was due to my opponent's ranking changing while I'm playing my own game.

Attack someone who is at 1000
    By the time I'm done he's worth 900
    Finish game, get adjusted points.

No evidence or confirmation from devs, just an assumption.

I also find it frustrating, especially near important breakpoints while shield hopping.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always assumed that it was due to my opponent's ranking changing while I'm playing my own game.

Attack someone who is at 1000
    By the time I'm done he's worth 900
    Finish game, get adjusted points.

No evidence or confirmation from devs, just an assumption.

I also find it frustrating, especially near important breakpoints while shield hopping.

granted, that does happen. but i had just cycled that node, points should have been current. the thing that got me was that i was given less points, but my score was updated to give me the full amount of points, but then taken away. like 'hey lets screw this guy out of points to reach his progression' then 'whoops we messed up and gave him the full points' and then 'well, just take them away'.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I thought this would be about roster slot prices... silly me.

Black Vortex seems to be wonky for as long as it's been active this anniversary. I've hit numerous people and they still occupy the same node for less points. Everyone is losing their post-match rewards into some void.

Fingers crossed this doesn't carry over to Class of 2015.