D3/Demiurge: What metric do you use?

blinktag
blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In the past, the red names have referred to the data they collect to determine how successful an event is. They mentioned it specifically with the new 4* DDQ, which must have been declared a success despite the flame pit the forums became during its release. IceIX mentioned data with regards to the Galactus event, and (laughingly) suggested players were collectively doing well. Email responses others have posted say in reference to the Galactus event: "the majority of our users enjoy the current system and it's mechanics". Uh-huh.

In the face of all this data, I must ask: What metric are you using to calculate dissatisfaction? What is the ultimate measure you use for success?

Is it attempts? The 4*DDQ, as hellishly impossible as it is a for a 3*->4* transitioning roster certainly succeeds by that metric, although I believe it fails in "fun" and "usefulness". I suggest "attempts" is not a measure of success.

If it time played? Again, for some reason we seem to have accepted the abusive relationship that is playing MPQ, and keep coming back. Do you have evidence that we would return less often if it was more fun? I can tell you, my satisfaction is not rising with repeated attempts at futile 4*DDQ and Galactus events.

Please, tell us what metric you use so we can best communicate our collective frustration. Because our communal actions so far seem to have been misconstrued.

If I had to guess, the one metric to rule them all would be HP spent, because this correlates most strongly to $$ spent. After all, if HP is seen as necessary and useful, $$ will follow. (As an aside, do you earn more from the nickels and dimes of $5 and $10 purchases, or from the whales' $100 purchases?) I suspect, but cannot prove, that the introduction of 5* acquisition via 40-packs is killing the golden geese that are your whales, and alienating the player base that serves to attract them.

If HP spend is your metric—and based on inferring from several red name comments as I've lurked for the past several months I believe that it may be—here is my vow:
* I will not spend HP to replenish any resource depleted by Galactus events.
* I will not spend HP on anniversary tokens.
* I will no longer spend HP on DDQ 4* events.

Comments

• mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    I feel like we'll never get an answer because it would tell us how to fight back.
  • HP spent probably isn't the biggest metric either, because what's the biggest success in the game by that standard?

Roster slots.

Which I wager is part of the reason they're so eager to announce and release new characters so often and so quickly.

Roster slots are the biggest money maker in the game, by far.

Galactus sure as heck doesn't seem like much of a money-sink. Just a time and health sink, and most players don't renew that even for a big bad like him... and he takes long enough to refresh that you get enough healthpacks to go at him again decently often I guess.
  • colwag wrote:
    HP spent probably isn't the biggest metric either, because what's the biggest success in the game by that standard?

Roster slots.

Which I wager is part of the reason they're so eager to announce and release new characters so often and so quickly.

Roster slots are the biggest money maker in the game, by far.

Galactus sure as heck doesn't seem like much of a money-sink. Just a time and health sink, and most players don't renew that even for a big bad like him... and he takes long enough to refresh that you get enough healthpacks to go at him again decently often I guess.

HP also for 4 * covers. I have to stay two week playing straight win 2500HP for one useful cover. Who pays is much easier. 5 * is for the whales buy 40 tokens packages.