Old Man, 4* Cyc & Iceman Node

Opinions on this free node in the Anniversary?

Kinda underwhelmed by Old Man Logan and also 4* Cyclops as characters, especially OML when he turns and has 3 different abilities. Might just be the combo of ypur team or enemy team in this match up - but Iceman is clearly the star!

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    K-Dog wrote:

Kinda underwhelmed by Old Man Logan and also 4* Cyclops as characters, especially OML when he turns and has 3 different abilities. Might just be the combo of ypur team or enemy team in this match up - but Iceman is clearly the star!

Keep in mind OML only has one of each cover as well.
  • Ah yes, good point. Still unsure of the mechanic though, am sure as 5* he'll be beastly of course whilst only he and SS exist in that range - but there's still something that's a bit meh about it. Either way, it'll likely be a looooong time before I ever get him up to a good spec.
  • OML concerns me a bit as on his own he seems kinda slow to get going and all.

...but then again.

I can imagine him being fun in a big two part fight. Part 1, get your allies some action, he drops strikes and heals up, just being support for the buds.

But, if said allies go down, or the fight's been going on for a while.

Then he can go from "Support" mode to "Attack" mode.

But you need to have a looooooong fight to do that. 12 yellow and 9 black is not a trivial amount of AP to get.
  • I have a single cover of OML, redflag.png , the one that exchanges self damage for strike tiles. His match damage is so solid in redtile.png , yellowtile.png , & blacktile.png that I have used him as a powerful meat shield for other users with those really strong colors. The match damage he has done while collecting for those other characters has been terrific and the strike tiles add up really fast. I have to use a health pack on him pretty much every match, but he is usually the only one who needs healing. With a fully leveled, fully covered version, I'm sure he is an absolute monster.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by 4* Cyke. He can do things and he's not bottom tier, but his 3* equivalent is better in my opinion. 4* version has many variables in order to be really well utilized. Again, not bad, but there are other 4* characters that I would rather have.

Ice-man is awesome. 'Nuff said.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I, too, am underwhelmed by 4* cyk. Iceman is a top 5-6 4* character, imo. Absolutely solid for offense, defense. OML is kinda weird; the key is to trigger bk while holding 12 yel ap in order to unleash Logan's offensive talents. Looks great for pve, but not so much for pvp.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I'm actually glad to hear these new characters aren't that good. I'm still working on icon_professorx.png who's been trumped by icon_jeangrey.png day 571 now
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Too all those saying bad things about 4 star Cyclops, please watch my video of him. He is actually pretty good, at least until they fix his glitch in blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN-gsQ39dFY
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    The amount of match damage that OML and SS can do is huge. I've had a max SS do 7k damage with a three-tile critical blue match. I'm running 334 OML and 553 SS with Iceman. OML drops three black strike tiles of 719 each. Do a basic red, yellow, or black match and you do over 3k damage (even more if he has spawned red strike tiles). Get a cascade and you can wipe out a max HB in one turn. The self-damage from his red passive heals pretty quickly. If it doesn't heal back before the match ends, it can heal pretty fast in the next match.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:
    K-Dog wrote:

Keep in mind OML only has one of each cover as well.

Wow, thank you for pointing that out. I was thinking he felt absurdly underpowered for a 5*