A slap without hands!

Houtro
Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm an old guy, been playing more than 400 days. Good times, bad times (great song) I've seen them in this game. I'll keep playing because the fundemental idea is fun, and my alliance is awesome people. We chat, we complain, we laugh.

What kills me is the disapointment on my son's face when he got home from school yesterday. He's been playing for 100 days. He was so completely excited for Galactus and the anniversary. He loves Marvel. He loves the comics. He loves the movies. He gets his friends to play MPQ. He is 10. His friends are 10. Galactus was exciting, the slow reveal got him fired up. By the time he got home his alliance had gotten to round 3. By then galactus was to strong for his 2* roster and galactus destroyed him. He only had 2 of the required characters, so he got to be destroyed twice and then he was locked out. All he wanted to do was beat Galactus and he didn't get that chance. He missed the refresh point because he was doing homework and then went to bed. Then he missed the second refresh because he was asleep. He is playing Minecraft right now. 2 days ago he was playing mpq.

He'll probably play again. He will have fun again playing. He and i will talk builds and strategy.

He'll even forget his dissapointment, but I know I won't. You blew it D3.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424992#p424992

This great post is slap without hands... On you devs! This can illustrate all the frustration we got it's just a kid he's not gonna come in here to complain and I guess not the majority of the players base (although think I seen some new accounts created just to make a few posts). It's is an super buggy event, weak rewards, no HP friendly, no LR... It's supposed to be a celebration/party but it's just like going to the anniversary party of that stupid cousin that you always hate and you are counting the time to go home. Lots of folks has spoken and all has been said and well I got nothing more to add I'm just another unhappy customer, my 0,02 €

Big thanks to Viking Tacos for sharing this episode & big ups for the kid!

iyWSJPJrzIZAV.jpg

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    icon_e_sad.gif Poor Kid
  • OJSP wrote:
    I agree. I felt bad for the kid when i read the original post. This game is rated PEGI 7 on Google Play.. I doubt a 7 or 8 year old would enjoy getting beaten up on a regular basis.

Aren't we supposed to report bullying?
  • That kid's obviously one of those "participation trophy" whiners who wants everything handed to him. I mean, it's an anniversary celebration, not a fun game to play with friends…

Sheesh. icon_rolleyes.gif

[\sarcasm]

Seriously though, that story was a bit rough to read, and I may or may not have had a minor allergy attack in the middle of it.

Perhaps more poignantly than any constructive criticism in an online forum could convey, that vignette serves as a stark reminder that with everything encompassed by MPQ, it is supposed to be a game.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

game
    noun \ˈgām\
    : a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure

Pretty simple.

DBC
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Isn't a slap without hands a icon_juggernaut.pngredflag.png ?

This event was bad and the dev team should feel bad. The Anniversary Games should be fun for all levels of play.

This was a bait and switch like telling everyone to come to a party with tons of cake at Disneyland, and did we mention there was tons of cake? Last year there was a hot blonde, a giant dinosaur, and one amazing cake for every 20 people every 2 hours. Sure, some people got more cake than others but there was more than enough cake to go around.

And then you show up this year and can't get in for the first two hours, and then when you get in your entire party of 20 is strapped together on a rickety nightmare roller coaster that punches you in the face 5-6 times every 8 hours. Fun, right? That's by design. And there's way less cake to go around and the cake is terrible.

Cheers, vikingtacos, your kid deserves better.

We all deserve better.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    You ever play monopoly where the other
    Team has hotels all over the board and you have electric company and maybe a railroad and Baltic avenue.

That's about as fun as galactus was. Both are games. But sometimes monopoly is fun.

On a side note it kinda makes me
    Feel bad about hitting some weak teams in pvp. It could be a kid on the other side. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Houtro wrote:
    It's supposed to be a celebration/party but it's just like going to the anniversary party of that stupid cousin that you always hate and you are counting the time to go home.

That's the part that sucks. Nothing about this actually feels better than the normal season. Anyone with a lower than top tier roster (essentially players who hit 1k consistently), you had zero shot at the max progression. I highly doubt more people are earning more single covers of the new 4* compared to a regular release.

And even if there are a bit more people getting that one cover, what kind of prize is that? Last year we were able to easily accumulate lots of Devil Dino 4* covers. Yes, he's nearly useless outside of a few niche comps but it felt fun building him. There was also a lot of anticipation for people who wanted to finish building their dino and people who weren't able to get him before. All of then went out the window when the token drop rate became so heavily nerfed while also not running things like 20 man lightning rounds.