Starting to wonder if DDQ's legendary node is rigged.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In the X-Force Wolvie fight I tried 15 times and every single time the board was full of yellow.

Now I've just fought Rangarok 5 times with whatever health packs I had and every single board was full of purple, black and blue in that order. If there was ever a red match it came after I matched a useless purple and was immediately taken by Ragnarok.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I don't think it's rigged, but it does highlight how much luck is required for transitioners to complete it. Strategy? Not in MPQ! It's all about the board.

Yay?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, even more annoying I finally squeaked past and got a Nick Fury purple. One of only 5 covers I've actually maxed out for 4*s.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've seen so much in this game that makes me think there are times it's rigged against you.

as for the 4* ddq node, well, my 'best' 4* character has 4 covers (most have 1...) so i literally have 0 chance of winning this node for the next 3-4 years. unless they actually do eventually make it easier to get 4* covers
  • jredd wrote:
    i've seen so much in this game that makes me think there are times it's rigged against you.

as for the 4* ddq node, well, my 'best' 4* character has 4 covers (most have 1...) so i literally have 0 chance of winning this node for the next 3-4 years. unless they actually do eventually make it easier to get 4* covers

Huh? What are you talking about? It's seriously easy to get 4* covers now. All you need is a fully or mostly covered high level 4* charac…

Oh, wait… icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    It is a lot easier right now. All you have to do is be willing to grind out the PVE.. Literally everyone can do that. I've earned seven of them already. With the covers I earned I have no doubt that I will be able to do at least 1 more Legendary DDQ. I bagged a Surfer with my first one. Iso remains the roadblock.
  • snlf25 wrote:
    It is a lot easier right now. All you have to do is be willing to grind out the PVE.. Literally everyone can do that. I've earned seven of them already. With the covers I earned I have no doubt that I will be able to do at least 1 more Legendary DDQ. I bagged a Surfer with my first one. Iso remains the roadblock.

If you honestly think the trickle of four stars from legendary PVE tokens helps with the transition, you probably are already decently into it or you don't do basic math since for every 3-4 PVEs we get a new 4* to attempt to cover. We're even blessed with two more 4*s to dilute the pool within a single week!
  • snlf25
    Never said it was easier to transition, but in all honesty it is a lot easier to get covers now. I have acheived 1000 points in pvp 7 or 8 times since they changed the point structure as well. Never had before. That I can accomplish that, when I just last week finished my 13th 3*, does mean it is easier. I have gone from having zero useable 4*s to having five and I only completely lack three.

Forgot to mention the dozen or more covers I've earned from top 100 or better placements in pve as well. So yes, I'm really finding it much easier than it was.I also have not missed a 2000 point cover from the simulator since they started those. All of that is new and I've had a huge mega-increase in 4* covers. Trouble is I have no iso so I really can't do much with them..... icon_lol.gif

Iso is what's making my transition impossible.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I feel the same as dragon although I only tried 4 times. I don't have a blue cover which made it next to impossible but I wanted to give it a shot. Very few red or yellow on the board and when things dropped it was always for rags to take on the next turn.

Based on Galactus event I get either a good board or bad board so I think if I tried more I would eventually get a good board.

My legendary tokens have been disappointing. I have 3 covers out of 60 possible 4/5 star covers that are full and out of 8 legendary tokens two were unusable. Not factoring the different drop rates the simple odds would be 5% unusable but my rate was 25%. Small sample size but just seems fishy.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we please stop getting these "the game is secretly rogged!" threads?

They are generally all without any evidence and don't serve any real purpose except venting frustration.

More importantly, they make it easier for the devs to think we are overreacting when we complain about actual problems in the game (like when the game is actually, openly rigged against players as in the case of galactus, which is designed for us to lose and spend lots of healthpacks.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 wrote:
    Never said it was easier to transition, but in all honesty it is a lot easier to get covers now. I have acheived 1000 points in pvp 7 or 8 times since they changed the point structure as well. Never had before. That I can accomplish that, when I just last week finished my 13th 3*, does mean it is easier. I have gone from having zero useable 4*s to having five and I only completely lack three.

Forgot to mention the dozen or more covers I've earned from top 100 or better placements in pve as well. So yes, I'm really finding it much easier than it was.I also have not missed a 2000 point cover from the simulator since they started those. All of that is new and I've had a huge mega-increase in 4* covers. Trouble is I have no iso so I really can't do much with them..... icon_lol.gif

Iso is what's making my transition impossible.

Along with the Xpool I pulled from my Legendary token yesterday I pulled:
    Falcon America blue from Anniversary token
    Devil Dino green - only useable cover from my Anniversay 10 pack
    Xpool red 1000 point prize in Dark Matter PvP

Four 4*s in four days.
  • snlf25 wrote:

Probably going to want to go ahead and look up what "literally" means… icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • snlf25
    Literally everyone can grind out a PvE Legendary Token. Literally everyone. All you have to do is double up the normal progression score and you've done it. I was doing that when all I had to work with was my 1 star Iron Man and storm and way under covered Ares Thor and obw back when I was fighting tooth and nail for every three star placement prize I could get. All you have to do is do it.

EDIT: That was when it was much harder to do too due to 2.5 hour refreshes.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:

Probably going to want to go ahead and look up what "literally" means… icon_e_wink.gif

DBC

Literally is used incorrectly a lot. I think it may be the most misused word these days. Like literally.
  • snlf25
    nwman wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

DBC

Literally is used incorrectly a lot. I think it may be the most misused word these days. Like literally.

But I used it correctly meaning I'm speaking completely factually accurately when I say everyone can do it.
  • snlf25 wrote:

But I used it correctly meaning I'm speaking completely factually accurately when I say everyone can do it.

What if somebody has no arms, is blind, and doesn't understand English, much less videogames?

Could THEY do it?
  • snlf25 wrote:
    nwman wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

DBC

Hey, if you continue to believe it, that's something, right? icon_e_wink.gif

Those with underdeveloped rosters, missing essentials, jobs, various other commitments, etc. say "Hi…"

Literally! icon_lol.gif

DBC