What happened to my second wind?

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm one of the many who have been feeling a little ugh about the game recently. Burn out. Boredom. Feeling like I'm not progressing. (I'm one of the early 3-4* transitioners. Lucky us.)

I had really hoped that the anniversary week would give me a second wind in the game, that it would be fun, that it would revive that part of me that loved this game. And then ... this. It's taken a struggling player and defeated me. It's wrung the last bit of hope out of me.

How can this be? How can a celebration be this depressing?

No matter how I try to find the logic behind all of the anniversary choices, I can't. It's designed to make people play less, to make people care less.

I know to many this all sounds v dramatic. And I suppose it is. That's a testament to Marvel and to what this game could be. For now, I'm just confused and tired and looking forward to the end of it.

Comments

• Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Last anniversary was so much fun...so much to do! Awesome LRs running with fantastic prizes! Tokens you couldn't wait to open for a good chance at a new character or other great prizes! ISO raining down in every event...it helped me max my first 4* (XFW)!

This year... Anniversary tokens suck...no new special character, **** chance at a Dino that anyone from last year doesn't need anyway. No LRs. A soul-crushing boss PvE where you're expected to lose more often than not. Apparently there's double ISO, but good luck finding somewhere to keep getting it.

...happy sad-iversary icon_redface.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talahamut wrote:
    This year... Anniversary tokens suck...no new special character, **** chance at a Dino that anyone from last year doesn't need anyway. No LRs. A soul-crushing boss PvE where you're expected to lose more often than not. Apparently there's double ISO, but good luck finding somewhere to keep getting it.
    And if you're playing Galactus still to be a good alliance mate, you're probably burning all that double ISO on boosts just to have a snowball's chance.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    And if you're playing Galactus still to be a good alliance mate, you're probably burning all that double ISO on boosts just to have a snowball's chance.

It's okay it was designed this way.

Think i'm done with PvE now, this is PvE grinding done wrong. May occasionally snipe a new cover.
    PvP left and that probably won't last that long either, because i'll fall of the 4* radar.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:

Aint that the truth. Between the boosts and giving Thoress 20 or so levels to beat Ragnarok today I'm behind where I was. I hit 350000 points to get the free HP but I think I'm done now. Just gonna play PvP until I get my 1700 point ten pack of useless twofers and call it done with the Anniversary. I feel like this disappointment really did more harm than good. I pulled a XPool purple from my ragnarok legendary prize and normally that would have me smiling all day but as I wiped against Galactus over and over again all the good will I had went away.

So it Goes.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those that weren't around last year, anniversary tokens had extremely high odds (back when 3*s were pretty rare) and there were constant Lightning Rounds which were (20 person brackets?) and they let you use a fully leveled 4hor as I recall (who was brand new and very few people whaled out on).

If the same type of implementation came out now I'd expect LR's where it rotates between giving you a fully leveled Silver Surfer, Old Man Logan, 4clops and maybe Iceman. Hell I wouldn't mind if they rotated through the whole 4/5* catalog to let new/transitioning players test drive each one (and not worry as much about kits since one of your 3 characters is a freebie).
  • Shame really because I love the gameplay. I've been tiring of the low reward ratio. Other than ddq, the rate of rewards for the time/effort in pve is laughable.

I can't stomach grinding events for days for maybe 1 useful cover if I get top 10 or 50.

Galactus has netted me 1 gold cover from tokens and 1 4* progression reward lol. This shouldn't feel punishing and grueling for an event we thought would be rewarding and fun.

Pissin me off that my fav phone game is forcing me away from it.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The first anniversary I scored a ton of Captains, both Carol and Steve. They were the backbone that everything I have now was built on. The first anniversary was my favorite time playing this game and I think that's why everybody is so down and pissed, the stark contrast in levels of awesomeness This is MPQ's Ghostbusters II.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    snlf25 wrote:
    The first anniversary I scored a ton of Captains, both Carol and Steve. They were the backbone that everything I have now was built on. The first anniversary was my favorite time playing this game and I think that's why everybody is so down and pissed, the stark contrast in levels of awesomeness This is MPQ's Ghostbusters II.

At least Ghostbusters 2 started out fun... icon_e_sad.gif