Galactus minion fights

hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
IceX posted saying that the "minion" fights are supposed to be "minor hazards" and "easily winnable". I've just wiped multiple times to these "easily winnable" "minor hazards". I'm actually OKAY, not happy, but OKAY, with the ridiculousness that is Galactus, but you can't have a boss like that and then have minion nodes that wipe you multiple times.

According to IceX's post, the Ultron event was supposed to have most of the pain in the minion nodes, while the Ultron boss was relatively easy. Then how come I could always win (a little beat up) vs. the sentries, but now I'm wiping multiple times vs. the Galactus minion nodes?

IceX is right, there is a disconnect in this event, and apparently it's between the people that coded Galactus and the people that chose the fights for the minion nodes.

Simply put. I'm done. The Galactus event is over for me.

Comments

• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Its like they live in bizzaro world. A survival node of all dark avengers? A carnage node with two red feeders?

You are supposed to give us a reminder of the things we love about the game to celebrate, not the things we hate!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Its like they live in bizzaro world. A survival node of all dark avengers? A carnage node with two red feeders?

You are supposed to give us a reminder of the things we love about the game to celebrate, not the things we hate!

Wait til you see the Thug Thug Thug Hitman Hitman Muscle Muscle Hood 3*Bullseye Kingpin node. If the early board sucks you're going to eat like 7 pistols before you even get the ball rolling. Also its the JG node so if you didn't whale out you are either partially or fully ****.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

Wait til you see the Thug Thug Thug Hitman Hitman Muscle Muscle Hood 3*Bullseye Kingpin node. If the early board sucks you're going to eat like 7 pistols before you even get the ball rolling. Also its the JG node so if you didn't whale out you are either partially or fully ****.

i didn't find this one so bad actually.

sure there was board luck involved, but i did eat my fair share of pistols.

1 cover jean, 166 blade and 120ish iron fist. got blade's purp off twice and that dealt about 4000 per turn. course my reward was lasting 4 turns vs galactus, but hey. it's fun. right??
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    dkffiv wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

That's one of the ones that wiped me. I couldn't believe it after getting past all the minions that 3 actual real people were waiting for me. Even the node with 7 Teiatsu only had a single Gorgon waiting for me in round 2.
  • Healers got me through this one. Boosted Patch, and good ol' Grocket won it long after my 3-cover Jean went down without getting a power off.