Let's clarify some quotes. Input please.

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I wish to clarify a few of IceIX's quotes here.
looks like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here
- from my perspective, when people think it's everyone else, it's generally them. This applies to mental illness, and it also applies here.
Galactus is different.
This is NOT how it was portrayed in the days leading up to the event. It was BRANDED as Ultron-like. I can certainly agree that it's Ultron-like as much as a semi truck is like a car. Both have wheels, but they drive quite different. This should have been communicated. It was not.
The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple.They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.
I would certainly differ on this, given that my "simple" minion fights were all well over level 200 and there were some very cheap combos there. I'd like Ice to elaborate here, to give him benefit of the doubt.
Winning a round against Galactus is an achievement.
Shouldn't it feel like one then? 40 iso does not.
Overall, most of the higher end Alliances are in Round 6 or knocking on the door to Round 7.
I take this offensively, as we were one of the few that made it into round 8 in Ultron2, and we are struggling. Just now, nearly 24 hours later are we "knocking at the door" and only because of a strategy that was NEVER meant to exist.
That break means that you have plenty of times for Galactus drained Packs to refresh while you can go in and get some Black Vortex in.
Last I checked you need characters that are ALIVE to play, or health packs to heal them... Galactus drains both.

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I did a pretty big post on this, and made my own thread for it. Feel free to read it, and see if you agree. But for your points. I agree with them pretty much across the board. I do think this was branded poorly and advertised in a misleading fashion. For their sake I am more than willing to concede that all they needed to say to make this Ultron like, is; they were both Boss Battles. But that's all the credit I am willing to give. In particular I am staggeringly annoyed about the recent jump in Minion fights. Especially to people with Lower level rosters. I have a friend who is still in Round three, his best character is a Level 62 Ares. And he can't even attempt many of the minions anymore, as he still runs into a Level 395 gorgon. Though his ninjas were much lower level to start.

You mention taking offense which is something I tried not to do, but still felt stung quite often. That said it was a distinct pitch of nervous laughter when my only two wins in Round six rewarded me crit boosts... and 40 Iso. Some achievement.

5 purpleflag.png Iron Fist for the win.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    That break means that you have plenty of times for Galactus drained Packs to refresh while you can go in and get some Black Vortex in.

Not much point in playing Black Vortex right now since I don't get any ISO rewards for the fights that I win. Can you guys fix that at least before the whole PvP season is screwed up?
  • san-mpq wrote:
    Overall, most of the higher end Alliances are in Round 6 or knocking on the door to Round 7.
    I take this offensively, as we were one of the few that made it into round 8 in Ultron2, and we are struggling. Just now, nearly 24 hours later are we "knocking at the door" and only because of a strategy that was NEVER meant to exist.

Seriously. The only consistent way of beating galactus in the later rounds is with the crux of every infinite strategy. Prof X + x 5 link generator shouldn't be the main way to progress in a PVE event. Clearly, they are treating this like any regular PVE because it surely isn't something for an anniversary since those are usually there as a celebration of the community with some sort of spread of prizes. That's fine if they want to treat it that way but it's absurd that it essentially caps cyc distribution to alliances that have members who have a decently covered Prof X or know another way to abuse the fight.

This isn't how any PVE ever should be since PVE is constantly touted as the way to progress into PVP for budding 3* transitioners and also a method to help the 4* "transition".