Applying what they learned from Galactus to Ultron

Before I start, I know they said you were supposed to beat Ultron, but lose to Galactus, but just in good fun, I've decided Ultron's event could use a dose of what makes Galactus so "fun"

"Hi all. After the success of the Galactus boss battle, we've decided to apply some of that goodness to our first boss, Ultron. As such, we have made some tweaks to Ultron's abilites. Simply increasing the boss's health and damage each turn is boring, so we have decided that Ultron's abilites should also change a bit from round to round.

Round 1: Same as before
Round 2: If there are 4 or fewer Ultron bombs on the board, Ultron creates two bombs in the top row.
Round 3: Ultron always creates 2 bombs in the top row all the time
Round 4: Ultron now destroys the two bottom rows. Any bomb destroyed this way also deals damage.
Round 5: Ultron creates two bombs in the top row and an additional bomb in the second row from the top.
Round 6: Ultron's bombs now also deal 50% collateral damage to the rest of the party
Round 7: Ultron's bombs deal full AoE damage to the entire party (edited out a repeat)
Round 8: Ultron creates a second bomb tile adjacent to a random bomb tile on the board

Misc:
- Captain America's shields can no longer target bomb tiles.
- All HP and token rewards have been removed and replaced by the much more useful whitecrit.png boosts
- Starting a new round no longer refreshes your nodes
"

Comments

• You joke, but they said if they were pleased with the Galactus event, they would be changing the Ultron event to function closer to it.
  • Yeah, I know. This post might just end up being scarily accurate. I could certainly see them improving abilities from round to round.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Much like the joke post about star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png , I have a feeling that this is foreshadowing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nah, still too easy.

Round 8: When a bomb is matched, destroyed or overwritten, a new bomb tile is created in the bottom row.

There we go!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're almost right...

Round 1 Ultron places 2 bomb tiles with a 3 (2 really) second timer . just one of these bombs will kill your entire team.

There are no other rounds because... You are supposed to lose.

Bomb tiles are imovable and can only be matched to another bomb tile.
  • Open game: Boss empties your health packs. Close game.

Repeat every 8 hours.

Reflect.

DBC
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    No, it's got to feel like battling ultron. Revised round 8: Ultron uses your own technology against you. He hacks into your device, steals your login/payment information, buys hp using your account to finance his own plans. Five health packs every time you fight him retaliation lowers your score. shield hops now required grand prize 2 star moonstone