How many health packs are Galactus subs taking?

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
From IceIX:
Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable........
You're supposed to lose your Health Packs on Galactus, rather than against the minions like on Ultron.

Yeah, that was the case until the 24 hour refresh hit - then those subs went to "not so simple". This evening they seemed to have doubled down.

212 Hood/213 KP/213 Doom
215 Cmags/216 Empiricist/215 Subject
212 Loki/213 Rags/212 Ares
eight level 165 Tiatsu (sp) followed by 395 Gorgon
Two waves range 157-158 (using JG, a newer 4* that many won't have well leveled or covered)

....who playtested this and thought it was "relatively simple" or that you won't lose your health packs? If I'm lucky, I only use one health pack for every single one of those matches.

D3....if you want to make Galactus eat the health packs, you need to scale back those subs to the "easy peons" that they were in the first 24 hours.

How are the subs going for everyone else - are your levels similar, are you using lots of health packs on them?

Comments

• Well, im shielded in the only other event (PVP) so its no big deal, but galactus took all my health packs and my team is all beat to kitty to the point where i can not play even if i wanted to, which i don't, because this fun anniversary is just awful and pitiful.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    My one level was wave of teiatsu followed by level 395 teiatsu. So mine wasn't a Gorgon unless it was a bug. I had enough AP saved to double him with KK and red then black from cyc so it was over quickly but I can't remember if I downed him before he had a turn to see if he actually moved the board. I had to use 3 healthpacks between the nodes but I've got a full max 3* roster to sacrifice on those.
  • SnowcaTT
    Lopan15 wrote:
    My one level was wave of teiatsu followed by level 395 teiatsu. So mine wasn't a Gorgon unless it was a bug. I had enough AP saved to double him with KK and red then black from cyc so it was over quickly but I can't remember if I downed him before he had a turn to see if he actually moved the board. I had to use 3 healthpacks between the nodes but I've got a full max 3* roster to sacrifice on those.

Mine looked like Tiatsu (bug?) but named Gorgon with his abilities.
  • mine was the same it was a tietsu that debilitated me and killed me
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Oh, hey, what a shock, something else about this event that doesn't work right.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a solo Gorgon in the second wave. I beat him by the skin of my teeth by letting Captain Marvel take hits from the Turn To Smoke tiles so she'd build up a ton of red and black I could use for Photonic Blast spam and a stunlock, with Kamala healing everybody after each move. Even then I only had two surviving characters at sub-2000 HP.
  • QuietRiot
    QuietRiot Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    after i get through with that endless wave of tiatsu and there tinykitty attack tiles I'm greeted with another tiatsu that has 30k health?!?! Psych it's actually Goegon, Debilitating Slash, then a cascade, YOU'RE DEAD!!!! Trollolololol, Happy Anniversary!!!!!
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    It's actually Gorgon on the last wave, the illustration (at least on the PC) is messed up, and sometimes he has the wrong character.

But yeah, lvl 395....

Who thought that was good idea after all those Tietsu? The only way you can do that node is by having KK (or 3* Bullseye I suppose, nuking the fist attacks). Falcon doesn't work fast enough.
  • Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought Teitasu suddenly gained Gorgon's powers. I thought my meds were making me crazy.

Anyways, last run, I spent maybe 3 health packs. 2 of them on Loki. Been using IMHB/IF on the essential nodes and XF/cMags/Loki on Galactus. But that's if I don't wipe against him.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are so many ways to deal with tesiatsu when you know they're coming. 8 is a lot to chew through, but it does give you the time to build up to the point that gorgon goes down immediately.
  • SnowcaTT
    Set of subs this morning were (for me):

228 Carnage/229 Konran/229 Konran (with JG, of course)
    245 Grenadier/246 Lieutenant/246 Grenadier
    238 Bullseye/239 Thug/238 Don
    2 waves level 172-225 (Ares was in there of course)
    2 Waves level 172-173

Again - this is no cake walk. This is not a "minor hazard".
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    None, if I lose then oh well, I plan to email them a picture of a completely dead roster.

"We can't keep going into the fight like this.. our teammates are dying left and right"

dead-thor.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    Yeah, that's kind of what I've been doing when I "plan" on losing to Galactus - just letting him hit all my heroes, the entire roster pretty much dead when I'm done.

I'd be fine with that - if there weren't subs and we could actually grind away at him with -all- of our roster. Then it would be more thematic/make more sense that we are "supposed" to lose.

Morning subs:
    241 doom/241 defender/241 decoy
    258 Venom/259 Sentry/259 Mystique (vs. Spiderman...)
    241 Shinobi/241 Kishu/241 Shinobi
    2 waves Range 239-241 vs. Jean Grey (3x Thug followed by 2x Hitman and 1x Muscle then Bullseye, KP, Hood...)
    2 waves Range 187-188 (2x Assassin, Mystique, followed by Grenadier then Assassin, Pyro, Grenadier followed by Mystique.

I might not be losing health packs on Galactus when I intentionally die - but I'm losing them on the minions.