How the hell do you hit 1300 in PvP???

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, how do you do this? I've been stuck just under 1200 all day and have been cycling targets rarely finding anything over 20 points. How do you do this???

Comments

• 'working as intended' just like everything else

i know, its horrible
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    500+ HP in shields
  • brisashi wrote:
    500+ HP in shields
    I've done that just to get this far, and now I'm out of time. It's just not possible, there aren't enough targets.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, how do you do this? I've been stuck just under 1200 all day and have been cycling targets rarely finding anything over 20 points. How do you do this???
    No one has any health packs left from Galactus to actually play PVP.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    LINE coordination.
  • kensterr wrote:
    LINE coordination.
    I hear people say this a lot, but I have no idea how to coordinate with anyone there.
  • kensterr
    kensterr wrote:
    LINE coordination.
    I hear people say this a lot, but I have no idea how to coordinate with anyone there.
    Ask around a bit more especially with the alliances that you usually see. Can't say too much in case devs make it harder for everyone.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591

You coordinate with a friend or two and bounce off each other's shields. Or you end up online at the same time as other people who are doing this.

I was sitting at 1250 last night in Tex Mex and I got sniped for 60 points before I woke up and reshielded. I think I probably spent 1500 ISO hitting skip over the course of my shields all day today. 99% of my targets were worth 4 or 5 points. Anyone worth more than that (20 points or so) usually got picked dry by the time I hit them (because I try and wait after picking up a target to give them time to shield, if they are still unshielded after twenty minutes, that's not on me).

In an offseason event it is even worse because very few people are going higher than 1300, so there's nobody out there. After waiting all day, I'm still sitting below 1200... worse than I was at last night and there haven't been any viable targets.

This will be the first event I don't hit 1300 in the last five events... because the cost benefit of trying to climb over 1200 is scary. Unshield for a 10 point shot or two only to risk losing 60 points? Scary if you are going it alone. Seems like people are so desperate for points that they aren't willing to let you get your shield back up before they hit you, which only costs the economy of the slice as a whole a bunch of cascading points.

So best solution is to find a climbing buddy and abuse the shield system to get your last 200 points.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    kensterr wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    LINE coordination.
    Ask around a bit more especially with the alliances that you usually see. Can't say too much in case devs make it harder for everyone.

You do realize that the devs use LINE as well, right? They know full and well how it all works.
  • kensterr
    DuckyV wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    LINE coordination.

You do realize that the devs use LINE as well, right? They know full and well how it all works.
    Of course they use LINE. But are they in all the chat rooms?
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Find someone from a top pvp alliance that has their LINE id in their signature & reach out to them...
  • kensterr
    Salgy wrote:
    Find someone from a top pvp alliance that has their LINE id in their signature & reach out to them...
    This is a good and helpful hint for you Peter.
  • Salgy wrote:
    Salg is a great guy icon_e_wink.gif

FYI