Play Testing...

LXSandman
LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm really wondering who D3 has testing these events.

Who played this event and thought "Yep, this is great! Lets go live with it" I mean, it took me one round to realize how horrible the game construction was. Who thinks that having a boss who literally one shots your whole team from full is going to be enjoyable?

I wonder if they even have people really playing these things. Is it just the developers playing? Because that I could understand. It's really easy for someone to lose sight of reality when they are designing something themselves, they can play it and think it's great even when it has huge issues. Maybe that's what happened?

If they do have play testers they should be fired .. I mean you can't let a product like this get released to the public. It's just horrible PR.

I've been upset with this game before (But still loved it), I've never had a time like this where I played a round and said "Well that's it. I'm done playing this event" Apathy .... that's what I had. Ultron had it's issues... but at least I still wanted to play the event for the rewards.

Weird.

Comments

• Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Agreed! It's like they TRIED to create an event that would (a) limit your playing time via lockouts, and (b) make the gameplay so painful that you don't want to play anyway!! Seriously, who designs something like this ON PURPOSE??!?

Wait. I have it!!! They designed it like this so that fewer people would play, in order to resolve the server issues!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Remember when we were told that team ups were usable in 4* ddq? Their play testers probably only play a few rounds of something and I'm sure stuff gets changed last minute all the time. You can't blame the play testers for the developers' half baked ideas and last minute changes.
  • Feels like a cash grab to me. Used to play a lot. Then about a year ago I had to drop it because things were too frustrating. Came back about two weeks ago because I am a stay at home dad and have tns of time to kill and this is something that I can easily put down. Right now I am wondering why I came back and am really considering leaving. The responses from the devs are not helping. I love that iceix is a Kurt Vonnegut reference but that is about the only positive that I can saw about the development team and the game as a whole. I was going to drop a little money for roster spots but yeah not happening.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure they play tested up to round 3, patted themselves on the back, and called it a week
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone in the office is having a lot of fun with this event.

It's kinda like ultron but with all the bugs fixed.

Okay okay test completed. I can't see round 4 changing from these first 3.
  • I'm guessing the playtesting is similar to how Diablo 3 was originally tuned such that Inferno was twice as hard as anybody on the staff can imagine a game can be, and they figure that's about the difference between how awesome players are compared to devs. E.g. I can barely beat Galactus on round 3, and since everyone sounds like they are 10 times the player I am, they clearly won't have any problem with round 8.