Singleton 4*s, which to keep, if any

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
I am close to maxing out my 2* roster so I'm a 2*-3* transitioner. I've come across a few lucky 4* drops. Some of them have been useful mostly as tanks when my 2* heroes were still pre-60.

However, the singletons are now weaker than my leveled 2*s and are mostly taking up slots on my already limited roster space. I don't want to throw them away as they are extremely rare and I wouldn't want to throw away a cover I might need later on.

I hear that some 4* are pretty bad (like invisible woman?) and I'm wondering if I should just bear with it and hold onto all my 4* or junk the bad ones.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your best source of covers and progression at this point is pve. Those events will always have a required 4* character, so the more of them you have, the easier it will be to do well and earn more 3* covers. Basically, if you can keep them, absolutely keep them. If you absolutely have to drop any, IW and Starlord are good candidates.

My standard advice for your level: get in a good alliance that is pve focused. At least top 250. Try to get top 50 in each sub.

You'll earn lots of hp that way and can roster more chars. If you're going to drop any $ into the game, now is the time while there is a sale going on, bank that hp and only use it when you need roster slots. Don't buy covers, tokens or shields.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    You make a good point, I'll keep that in mind. Been only spending HP on slots, just can't keep up with the prices.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you can manage keeping all the 4*s at all, I'd keep all of them. universally, IW and starlord are considered the weakest 4*s but I'd lose some bottom 3*s before I dropped any 4*. rags, vision, im40, qs - keeping those are not worth dropping a 4* over. might help if we knew your roster too.

also, if you've been opening tokens, stop. tokens don't expire - ever. save up your hp, enough for a slot, then open tokens until you have opened someone to fill that slot. then stop till you save up enough hp again. this will help a lot, but if you start playing pve a lot, it will also mean you will be holding onto tokens for quite some time because every pve placement award of a character you don't have rostered will need a slot and the beginning of that process is brutal with decisions you have to make. I broke down during that phase and spent on hp for slots. if that is an option you'd consider it would help tremendously.

good luck.