I'm curious if anyone at Marvel is aware of this situation.

brisashi
brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I would think Disney/Marvel wouldn't be too pleased with the outrage caused with their licensed properties.

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Dude I'm as disillusioned and frustrated as anyone. But this is just daft.

I'm sure Disney is a bit more concerned with marvel studios and lucasfilm than this forum...
  • brisashi
    thisone wrote:
    Dude I'm as disillusioned and frustrated as anyone. But this is just daft.

I'm sure Disney is a bit more concerned with marvel studios and lucafilm than this forum...

With the value of their property I can assure you they are always concerned with how they are used.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    To an extent but this isn't on the radar. Their licence is stretched far and wide and this is a drop in the bucket.

They've been in worse situations.
  • brisashi
    GurlBYE wrote:
    To an extent but this isn't on the radar. Their licence is stretched far and wide and this is a drop in the bucket.

Sure. No one at Marvel is going to sweat over this.

I imagine it isn't something they'd be pleased with D3 about though, and hopefully that will influence things in the future.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Just remember, at one point in time, Disney thought it was a good idea to give Insane Clown Posse a recording contract, just saying...
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    brisashi wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I imagine it isn't something they'd be pleased with D3 about though, and hopefully that will influence things in the future.

I seriously doubt it.

People flipped out just as bad over things like True Healing, character balance changes and the first Ultron event yet there was no clear impact on the game in the long run. This anniversary event really isn't all that bad when you think about it. People were just expecting the same or better than the first year and are venting out their frustrations (naturally).

Game stability issues from high player demand is nothing new.
    Tough events that later get tweaked are nothing new.

My predictions:
    - No alliances will complete round 8 of Galactus
    - D3 will likely make the second run of Galactus a bit easier (it's possible they'll be unable to make this happen in time)
    - We'll get the default token compensations for both server downtime and Galactus event
    - Those who made it to round 8 will get the Cyke red cover
    - Those who made it to round 7 will get the Cyke blue cover
    - Anyone in round 6 or under will get no additional compensation
  • Magnets, how do they work?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I seriously doubt it.

People flipped out just as bad over things like True Healing, character balance changes and the first Ultron event yet there was no clear impact on the game in the long run. This anniversary event really isn't all that bad when you think about it. People were just expecting the same or better than the first year and are venting out their frustrations (naturally).

My predictions:
    - D3 will likely make the second run of Galactus a bit easier (it's possible they'll be unable to make this happen in time)
    - We'll get the default token compensations for both server downtime and Galactus event

What makes it sadder is that the game future fight would give everyone a cover of someone or a 1250 Hp~ equivalent for this sort of screw up.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    babinro wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I seriously doubt it.

My predictions:

The problems themselves are bad, but not earth-shattering.

The terribly unprofessional thing was to post once about the servers and then leave everyone for 30 hours to wonder what the hell was going on.
  • Of all the problems Disney, and Marvel underneath them have, "F2P game has a bad event" is one of the smallest.

I'd rank it about three clicks below "Why is Black Widow and Gamara erased from every big of Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise" and slightly above "People think female Thor is annoyingly feminist"

This isn't exactly a top priority for them.
  • brisashi
    colwag wrote:
    Of all the problems Disney, and Marvel underneath them have, "F2P game has a bad event" is one of the smallest.

I'd rank it about three clicks below "Why is Black Widow and Gamara erased from every big of Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise" and slightly above "People think female Thor is annoyingly feminist"

This isn't exactly a top priority for them.

Which isn't a point I am trying to make.