the Undercover lover

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In the hope of steering attention away from the horrid current event I've decided to create a thread devoted to my efforts to beat a DDQ 4* with an undercovered character. Those who may have read my posts may also have read that I love challenging myself in extreme scenarios (Match damage defeating over powered Juggs, Undercover fights, taking on teams way above my level in PVP) which makes my recent decision to quit the event all the more meaningful.

Anyway soon I will embark on my mission to finally beat a 4* DDQ with an undercovered character (hence the post title). This week my sex goddess embarks on her quest to take down her opponent.

Background: The first time I tried this was IMHB 1/0/0 vs Hulk. I got hulk down to less than 40% health with just match damage and 1 robo-punch. Not impressed? Give it a go see how far you get. Next up was Deadpool XF 2/0/0 twice I had Wolvie on the ropes and twice I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (down to only 1k health with match damage and 2 swords).

I don't yet know who the opponent is (though I could guess it's either Rags or 3Hor) but I have developed a strategy, deny. Just deny. That's it, deny. My 4Hor is 0/2/0 my ONLY possible strategy is deny. Will I succeed? Who knows.... but it'll be fun finding out.

Good Luck everyone

Comments

• That's kinda what was awesome about the Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver DDQ

Invisibility makes this actually seem plausible. (Which still being a match up that didn't make it an automatic win)

But trying to get it with a character who has no defensive abilities to at least make denying and stalling plausible?

Good luck there.
  • OneLastGambit
    colwag wrote:
    That's kinda what was awesome about the Invisible Woman vs Quicksilver DDQ

Invisibility makes this actually seem plausible. (Which still being a match up that didn't make it an automatic win)

But trying to get it with a character who has no defensive abilities to at least make denying and stalling plausible?

Good luck there.

I have faith in my ability (I mean persistence) I'll find a strategy to win eventually. I have beaten a 180 Juggs with a level 80 team of CStorm, MNMags and 2*Wolvie with just match damage so I know the bitter sweet taste of frustration (nothing compared to galactus event though)
  • I have faith in my ability (I mean persistence) I'll find a strategy to win eventually. I have beaten a 180 Juggs with a level 80 team of CStorm, MNMags and 2*Wolvie with just match damage so I know the bitter sweet taste of frustration (nothing compared to galactus event though)

When you did that, how many Wolvie Healing Factors did you get off?

And CStorm at least has Tempest, which can do some big damage to a team if timed well.

My stance going into undercovered DDQs: Do I have an ability to protect myself with? Protect tiles, invisibility, healing are all things that can make an impossible node possible. Lacking them...well. Then it's just a numbers game, and you need to be REAL lucky to get such an extreme numbers difference... I got better odds against Galactus then getting that win.
  • OneLastGambit
    colwag wrote:
    I have faith in my ability (I mean persistence) I'll find a strategy to win eventually. I have beaten a 180 Juggs with a level 80 team of CStorm, MNMags and 2*Wolvie with just match damage so I know the bitter sweet taste of frustration (nothing compared to galactus event though)

When you did that, how many Wolvie Healing Factors did you get off?

And CStorm at least has Tempest, which can do some big damage to a team if timed well.

My stance going into undercovered DDQs: Do I have an ability to protect myself with? Protect tiles, invisibility, healing are all things that can make an impossible node possible. Lacking them...well. Then it's just a numbers game, and you need to be REAL lucky to get such an extreme numbers difference... I got better odds against Galactus then getting that win.

Healing factors... I don't know. Though I will sure take note the next time I meet an overpowered Juggs. As for tempest... there were probably a couple. You have set me a new challenge... match damage OP Juggs with characters who have no passives. Thanks for that icon_e_smile.gif

I got pretty close with very under covered characters on the last 2 4*DDQ so I genuinely think I will conquer one at some point (the wolvie one was definitely do-able with 2 covers)
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I've pulled off a few undercovered wins (all my 4*s are undercovered icon_razz.gif ) all using a few boosts:

-1/1/4 XFW win: took probably 8 tries
    -1/2/0 IW win: took I think 3 or 4 tries? Invis was definitely the key, but man I wish I had just one green cover. Without it, blue was pointless.

That said, I missed on a few undercovered wins as well:

-2/2/2 Fury loss: I was really hopeful I could pull this one off, but after maybe 10 or 12 tries I just couldn't do it. Got pretty close sometimes (I think within 3k or so), but couldn't finish.
    -1/1/1 IMHB loss: Couldn't really get close on this one, I think I got Hulk just under 50% a few times, but it was just too much health to chew through.

I'm cautiously optimistic for 4Thor at 2/2/1, but we'll see.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I insist that you watch the movie "Undercover Brother" while you are doing this. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    The day broke (right after my willpower for round 5 galactus) and there was a palpable charge in the air...yes lady thor had been slapped with a mighty gauntlet. The challenge issued.

She collectected her 2 yellow covers, pulled on her sexy Viking helmet and grabbed her hammer and flew into battle....

15 turns in and rags had yet to use a power, sitting at around 60% health (all depleted via match Damage only) she readied her yellow power to charge at rags on her next turn but alas a lucky break gave him enough for his green. The ensuing cascade gave him enough for another, shortly after she lay in the dirt cursing her luck and vowing to return....