Season 20

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Any word on when it starts? will it overlap anniversary week or does it start 4 days afterwards?

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please dear god let it overlap then I have something to do besides ignore this awful anniversary event.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Anniversary ends on Sunday the 18th. Traditionally seasons start on a Thursday to give an even 10 events per season. My guess is that they will run 2 filler events before season 20.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Sorry to break it to you... but Galactus just one-shot killed Seasons 20 through 26.

Can I offer you a compensatory 1* Venom token? Go on... take it. You've earned it, buddy.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flare808 wrote:
    Anniversary ends on Sunday the 18th. Traditionally seasons start on a Thursday to give an even 10 events per season. My guess is that they will run 2 filler events before season 20.

That's my guess as well, and the way it should be handled, with another shortened season to get back on track.

However, I vaguely recall in one of the threads that they hadn't planned if there would be an offseason after.

So if the Anniversary didn't exist (and so last season wasn't shortened), season 20 would be scheduled to begin Oct 15th.

It typically works out to be an even cycle 28 days per season (23 on, 5 off), 13 seasons a year.

Add it up, I would not be surprised if we have overlap of Dino PvP with start of season 20.
  • OneLastGambit
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Sorry to break it to you... but Galactus just one-shot killed Seasons 20 through 26.

Can I offer you a compensatory 1* Venom token? Go on... take it. You've earned it, buddy.

Well a venom token is different than the 5 MHawkeyes and 7 Ms Marvels I've received today....
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Well a venom token is different than the 5 MHawkeyes and 7 Ms Marvels I've received today....

Galactus just took away your Venom token.
  • OneLastGambit
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Dang man, I just cant catch a break why didn't he take the Ms Marvel/MHawkeye tokens away??????
  • OneLastGambit

Dang man, I just cant catch a break why didn't he take the Ms Marvel/MHawkeye tokens away??????

'cause he likes black. icon_e_biggrin.gif

He eats planets, Venom eats people, they're both alien ... apart from the size difference, they're compadres.

I wish you could disable some tokens from your pulls. I would rather get 1* character pulls than Ms Marvel and MHawkeye. I'm genuinely convinced the game wants me to roster them, when I did roster MHawkeye I got no pulls for him, the minute I sold him I got 5 in 1 day!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:

You forgot,
    Due to the overwhelming feedback about the anniversary event D3 worked so hard to put together for you we have decided to make a last min sub to the 4* DPDQ. Instead of 4Thor facing off against Loki we at D3 want to say thank you for enjoying this anniversary event with letting you take on a max covered, max leveled Silver Surfer. Since his only damage ability is red we are also giving him 2 TU. #1 HB overdrive at 5 covers, and a pre Nerf Sergical Strike(you know the one that generated AP). We had a lot of FUN play testing this battle against a 1,1,1 covered Surfer so we know you will enjoy the 5,5,5 Surfer!!

Thanks from D3

Troll out
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Where the hell is Jamie Madrox when you need him?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Where the hell is Jamie Madrox when you need him?

Maybe he went to NYCC2015 to hang out w/ d3 employees. icon_lol.gif Just a wild guess, obviously. Ok, I promise I'll skip you the next time I see you and your juicy 70+ pts, JM! icon_lol.gif