I figured out how to have fun w/ the Galactus Event!

HootieMac
HootieMac Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Step 1: Closed my laptop and put down my phone. (Yes, I'm a sick person who plays this on both platforms.)

Step 2: Downloaded Star Wars Battlefront Beta.

Step 3: Spent any time I would have spent playing MPQ playing Battlefront.

See?! EASY!!!

Comments

• Did that last night. Many success!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    HootieMac wrote:
    Step 1: Closed my laptop and put down my phone. (Yes, I'm a sick person who plays this on both platforms.)

Step 2: Downloaded Star Wars Battlefront Beta.

Step 3: Spent any time I would have spent playing MPQ playing Battlefront.

See?! EASY!!!

You could swap any of that with attempting to jam a rusted knife through the palm of your hand and it'd still be objectively more fun than the Galactus event.
    Bah!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    That reminds me, it's almost time for my yearly replay of Portal 1 and 2.

(That I last did in May, but screw it those games rock.)
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    What are you talking about? It's ton of fun to play through this torture to get tokens that just give nothing but 2* covers like every other token in the game. One of these days I'll get motivated to grind like crazy to see if I can win a legendary card just to see it is possible to actually get a good cover from a token
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    n25philly wrote:
    What are you talking about? It's ton of fun to play through this torture to get tokens that just give nothing but 2* covers like every other token in the game. One of these days I'll get motivated to grind like crazy to see if I can win a legendary card just to see it is possible to actually get a good cover from a token

Invisible woman will be your new moonstone
  • Well Tex-Mex was my fun...

Finished third with a whopping score of 782. Woohoo!

Hey at least R&G are now fully covered (not optimally)

Now onto my 360 to play Deadpool.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Invisible woman will be your new moonstone

Oddly, I almost never get her. This is the one thing I never got about games like this. The idea is to get you to spend money on the game, but when you go three months over two accounts with getting a whopping 1 cover from non-standard recruit tokens, why I am supposed to believe it's worth spending money to buy reward tokens? I got more 3*'s 8 standards I got yesterday
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I'm driving throuh the plains of silence with Mad Max.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    see if you can chug a beer faster than you get wiped every time you battle galactus.
  • well, im drunk
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    *Reads topic title. Makes a guess that the method is "Don't play it, hurr!"*
    *Clicks topic*
    *Goes off to play the lottery because I'm clearly psychic*
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watching paint dry is more fun than Galactus Event
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    jredd wrote:
    see if you can chug a beer faster than you get wiped every time you battle galactus.

Okay can I have a real challenge now. icon_e_wink.gif it's easy to chug on my turn.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    jredd wrote:

Okay can I have a real challenge now. icon_e_wink.gif it's easy to chug on my turn.
    I switched to whiskey and then aced 4 out of 5 Galactus clears on round 7.

Whiskey. It gets the job done.