Customer service this company is providing...

Yesterday, in an attempt to stem the growing tidal wave of people expressing extreme dissatisfaction with how the game was going, Malcrof sent me a warning about my posts, saying that he was not happy with what I was saying, and I needed to stop. That if I had anything to say, I had to say it in a "constructive" way.

I have no idea how many other people this Malrof person decided to try and silence, but in the course of our dialogue back and forth, I learned he doesn't even work for the company. He is just a volunteer who patrols the forums looking for posts to censor. Ultimately, when I asked him if he was attacking the entire huge number of people expressing nothing but dissatisfaction and anger over the current events, he broke off the conversation.

Let me state this plainly, I am a consumer. I have spent money on this game. I have the absolute right to express my dissatisfaction with this game the same way the vast majority of players are doing right now because as a customer it is my right to complain. When the phone company or cable company provides this level of horrible service, they endure the words of their customers and you will too.

We do not have to say it constructively. We do not have to say it using kind and pleasant tones. We are angry and frustrated both by the service, and the customer service, being provided. And to think you can silence us is the height of ignorance on how this world operates. We will simply go to the Steam or other forums and express all our frustration and views on the game there.

You do know there are other forums about this game, do you not?

And attempting to silence us in the hopes no one will realize that the game is broken is POSITIVELY foolish.

You either deal with us here, as frustrated customers, or you endure us where you do not get to censor and we have the ears of your potential customers.

And, do not attempt to even pretend that you are censoring or banning me because I am being impolite if you do so. Were I being rude to another user, your concerns would be justified. But I am not being rude to anyone. I am, based upon the services this company has provided over the last 2 days, expressing with specificity exactly how frustrated I, and many of us, are.

Whoever designed this Galactus celebration obviously did not take the time to play test it with actual players, because of they had, they would have discovered it was not any fun, and the game mechanics are broken.

Comments

• Whoever designed this Galactus celebration obviously did not take the time to play test it with actual players, because of they had, they would have discovered it was not any fun, and the game mechanics are broken.

2 things Wombat: Of course they didn't play test this version of the event...That's D3 101. And secondly, their definition of "Fun" has shown on countless occasions to be so out of whack with reality that it's beyond silly.

I feel your pain bro. Keep grinding.

easy...marc
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    djsquillz wrote:

Whoever designed this Galactus celebration obviously did not take the time to play test it with actual players, because of they had, they would have discovered it was not any fun, and the game mechanics are broken.

2 things Wombat: Of course they didn't play test this version of the event...That's D3 101. And secondly, their definition of "Fun" has shown on countless occasions to be so out of whack with reality that it's beyond silly.

I feel your pain bro. Keep grinding.

easy...marc

Nah. I only grind when there is a point. Or possibility. My best teams are getting PWNED by round 4. Playing a match is less productive than starting a match and retreating over and over.

Besides, I am making myself meatloaf tonight, and I need to start it! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Incoming thread lock in 3...2...1
  • Incoming thread lock in 3...2...1

Already got my Steam post planned for that icon_e_wink.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why should feedback always have to be constructive? If somebody or a team of some bodies repeatedly makes a complete **** of things they need to be told in no uncertain terms. In the real world this is how it works, they know their job and should be qualified to do it without others telling them, after all they aren't children and need to be molly coddled.

In all this it is the forum moderators I feel sorry for. They are volunteers who have been thrown to the wolves where the community manager should be at least on hand to help calm the masses.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesterday, in an attempt to stem the growing tidal wave of people expressing extreme dissatisfaction with how the game was going, Malcrof sent me a warning about my posts, saying that he was not happy with what I was saying, and I needed to stop. That if I had anything to say, I had to say it in a "constructive" way.

I have no idea how many other people this Malrof person decided to try and silence, but in the course of our dialogue back and forth, I learned he doesn't even work for the company. He is just a volunteer who patrols the forums looking for posts to censor. Ultimately, when I asked him if he was attacking the entire huge number of people expressing nothing but dissatisfaction and anger over the current events, he broke off the conversation.

Let me state this plainly, I am a consumer. I have spent money on this game. I have the absolute right to express my dissatisfaction with this game the same way the vast majority of players are doing right now because as a customer it is my right to complain. When the phone company or cable company provides this level of horrible service, they endure the words of their customers and you will too.

We do not have to say it constructively. We do not have to say it using kind and pleasant tones. We are angry and frustrated both by the service, and the customer service, being provided. And to think you can silence us is the height of ignorance on how this world operates. We will simply go to the Steam or other forums and express all our frustration and views on the game there.

And attempting to silence us in the hopes no one will realize that the game is broken is POSITIVELY foolish.

You either deal with us here, as frustrated customers, or you endure us where you do not get to censor and we have the ears of your potential customers.

And, do not attempt to even pretend that you are censoring or banning me because I am being impolite if you do so. Were I being rude to another user, your concerns would be justified. But I am not being rude to anyone. I am, based upon the services this company has provided over the last 2 days, expressing with specificity exactly how frustrated I, and many of us, are.

The warnings were for making personal attacks, instead of actually saying anything worthwhile.. which you appear to continue to do, and is against forum rules.. Rage all you want, but do not direct it at individuals.. myself included.. Your cooldown period you just earned has nothing to do with calling me out, i am a big boy, i can handle it, it is for disregarding the forum rules and regs blatantly, see you in a week.

Also, as a side note, as i have had to explain to many people.. the Mods DO NOT work for D3/Demiurge...
  • OneLastGambit
    Malcrof wrote:

The warnings were for making personal attacks, instead of actually saying anything worthwhile.. which you appear to continue to do, and is against forum rules.. Rage all you want, but do not direct it at individuals.. myself included.. Your cooldown period you just earned has nothing to do with calling me out, i am a big boy, i can handle it, it is for disregarding the forum rules and regs blatantly, see you in a week.

Also, as a side note, as i have had to explain to many people.. the Mods DO NOT work for D3/Demiurge...

As a person who has previously worked in the customer service industry I can tell you why personal attacks are both pointless and unfair...the people who create problems are NEVER the people who have to listen to people vent about problems. I can't underline or highlight the word NEVER enough there.

I have sympathy for Malcrof he is just a person doing a job, which unfortunatley today, is to listen to people **** and to try to keep some form of civility.

Side note: being abusive and or disrespectful makes people want to help you LESS not more.
  • Well Malcrof, you just proved him correct. I don't see anything in his post history that would warrant a time-out.

Saying you weren't being vindictive doesn't make it true. It's pretty obvious that you've suspended him out of spite. That's some abusive censorship right there.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I read quite a few different forums (5-6 different games, most a lot larger crowd than these forums), this is the only one where there is so much power given to someone who doesn't actually work for the company. It's just a bit odd.
  • OneLastGambit
    Penarvon wrote:
    Well Malcrof, you just proved him correct. I don't see anything in his post history that would warrant a time-out.

Saying you weren't being vindictive doesn't make it true. It's pretty obvious that you've suspended him out of spite. That's some abusive censorship right there.

After having conversed with Malcrom recently in PM over a post I had made I can say that I don't believe it to be spiteful at all. During my exchanges (which were private and so could have been as horrible as he wanted) he politely explained the issue and asked that I modify my posts a little in future. He did not demand, he did not come across as authoritive, he just politely asked me to modify one aspect of my posts. I was happy to comply as he had made a reasonable case for me to do so.

• After having conversed with Malcrom recently in PM over a post I had made I can say that I don't believe it to be spiteful at all. During my exchanges (which were private and so could have been as horrible as he wanted) he politely explained the issue and asked that I modify my posts a little in future. He did not demand, he did not come across as authoritive, he just politely asked me to modify one aspect of my posts. I was happy to comply as he had made a reasonable case for me to do so.

Well, you're talking about a completely separate incident, and not the smug "See you in a week" that we have here.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Wow this is sad.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Penarvon wrote:
    Well Malcrof, you just proved him correct. I don't see anything in his post history that would warrant a time-out.

I'm betting there are some posts that were deleted.
  • OneLastGambit
    Penarvon wrote:

After having conversed with Malcrom recently in PM over a post I had made I can say that I don't believe it to be spiteful at all. During my exchanges (which were private and so could have been as horrible as he wanted) he politely explained the issue and asked that I modify my posts a little in future. He did not demand, he did not come across as authoritive, he just politely asked me to modify one aspect of my posts. I was happy to comply as he had made a reasonable case for me to do so.

Well, you're talking about a completely separate incident, and not the smug "See you in a week" that we have here.

That is true, it is a completely separate incident, but if Malcrof were the spiteful type then surely the response to me would be the same (or at least with the same tone) while I won't repeat what i posted or say why I was asked to change I will say that it was the result of complaints from other posters so it must have been a lot to warrant the message to me in the first place. I considered the request and the supposed offence and responded politely and had no issues.

Having also read some of the OP posts over the last couple of days I will say that at times he definitely had a point and I even agreed with him but the manner in which he delivered those points often came across aggressively and this is perhaps what has given him the time out.

The mods are re-active and so can only respond to what you give them.
  • I was a mod for the forums on a growing online mobile game (at the time it was growing, called Spellstorm).

It was fun except for when the **** hit the fan.

When the **** hit the fan, the main forum admin who worked for the company would disappear and leave the unpaid forum mods to clean up the mess.

It was the worst possible decision they could have made. It turned so many people away and the company finally stopped working on the game because of the lack of players. They took an amazing game and ruined it.

If it wasn't for the Marvel license, this company would be doing the same thing.

If I was a mod here I would be messaging Ice and saying "DUDE YOU GOT TO SAY SOMETHING". It is unfair to the mods and puts way too much stress/load on them.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I agree,the mods sometimes get absolute **** for basically doin what they do for nothing (apart from their own free time) out of the love they have 4 this game.you wouldnt harass a volunteer working in a charity shop so why vent at the mods?
  • I agree,the mods sometimes get absolute **** for basically doin what they do for nothing (apart from their own free time) out of the love they have 4 this game.you wouldnt harass a volunteer working in a charity shop so why vent at the mods?

This isn't a charity shop. This is an actual company doing something stupid and then hiding to leave an unpaid volunteer to try and handle things. It's not that we want to deal with the mod. They're just the only one here.

The sooner they address our concerns, the better. We still don't even know how much of this was intended or accidental.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The worse part is this won't get better for the mods here, it'll get worse. This was introduced on a thrusday and the second run will have begun if they don't return to work until tuesday.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    [][][][][][]
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Penarvon wrote:

Malcrof is one of the good guys and one of the nicest people on the forums. He rarely complains about anything. One thing I think most of players failed to realize is that the mods are playing the same game we do, they're fighting the same Galactus and receiving the same **** tokens. With that said, there is no need to take out your frustrations on the mods, they don't get paid for this so there is no need to give them additional unnecessary work on the forums.