High scores for Galactus/Is ANYONE going to hit progression?

Cylaali
Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is anyone going to be able to hit full progression? I've hit Galactus as regularly as I can in 24 hours with PX/GSBW/SW and wipe out maybe 40% of the time now (in Round 6 currently). I'm at 372k. How the hell am I supposed to come up with another roughly 800k??

What are the top scores in your alliance?

Comments

• Cylaali
    Oh and yes, this is a semi-hypothetical question. It's getting damn near impossible to get those high points of beating Galactus. In theory, I'm sure it is if you never wipe once in rounds 6-8. Major anniversary fail.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're halfway through rd 6 and our highest is 342k
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    I made a post detailing needed clears and win rates, assuming you're the best in your alliance by far. You can find it here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33376&start=220#p423590

In short you can lose matches up to around 200k worth of points. And you don't even need your alliance to reach goals quickly, or to reach Round 8. HOWEVER. No I don't think any of us normal Plebs are going to at all. Not with how monstrously luck based and difficult Round six is. I think I got wiped ONCE getting to round six. Now I am 2/12 attempts in Round 6. Boosting all the way.

I'm the top of my Alliance by a long shot. (Almost 200k.) And I have 526k. At the current Rate I might finish around 600k and My alliance will not finish Round 6. That third CD tile is not the straw that breaks your back, It's a shotgun to a slapfight.

(Just did my math. At this point, I am no longer mathematically capable of reaching the legendary token. But still let's bust for a Cyke. I won't play round two at all, but I won't let my Alliance down in this round.)
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    AoB is about halfway through Rd 6 and we have someone at 434k....quite a few at 380k as well. That pace wont continue though. RNGesus has been kind so far.....(regression to mean occurring in 3...2...1)
  • Cylaali
    Ctenko wrote:
    I made a post detailing needed clears and win rates, assuming you're the best in your alliance by far. You can find it here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33376&start=220#p423590

In short you can lose matches up to around 200k worth of points. And you don't even need your alliance to reach goals quickly, or to reach Round 8. HOWEVER. No I don't think any of us normal Plebs are going to at all. Not with how monstrously luck based and difficult Round six is. I think I got wiped ONCE getting to round six. Now I am 2/12 attempts in Round 6. Boosting all the way.

I'm the top of my Alliance by a long shot. (Almost 200k.) And I have 526k. At the current Rate I might finish around 600k and My alliance will not finish Round 6. That third CD tile is not the straw that breaks your back, It's a shotgun to a slapfight.

(Just did my math. At this point, I am no longer mathematically capable of reaching the legendary token. But still let's bust for a Cyke. I won't play round two at all, but I won't let my Alliance down in this round.)

Good info, thank you!