Alliances: Time to abandon Galactus

AtlasAxe
AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm going to make a suggestion here: alliances should abandon Galactus and turn to focus on the anniversary PVP as though it were a short season.

We are spending time, effort, iso, and health packs on something that will not pay off.

I think the best approach, mentioned in the anger thread, is to make Galactus a graveyard. D3 should hear crickets from the event. I'm not saying the PVP is good, but it is not the tinykitty tinykitty'd mess that Galactus is.

In the meanwhile keep an eye on the forums for the remote possibility that D3 fixes this tinykitty CF.

I would welcome alliances that are going to do this to post here, so that D3 gets visibility that what they did is unacceptable to the most important part of their user base.

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    pasted from other thread
    mjh wrote:
    this is a double edge sword because if even one alliance gets past round 6 and gets a Cyclops cover you feel like you could have as well so everyone will try.

The only way this works is if everyone protests together. Organization is key.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    On top of everything else, it's just too hard by far....
  • AtlasAxe
    Understood that others may continue, and we are in a prisoner's dilemma to some degree. The main thing is that the cost/benefit is so low, it's their loss for continuing. What is a Cyclops worth other than a "hey, look at me!" at this point.

It doesn't have to be everyone to make it effective. A large percentage will do. Your potential losses are Cyclops tokens. Is it really worth all the time, effort, iso, and healthpacks that could be invested elsewhere?

In Warped Taco, we're decommitting. Some members may invest time as they feel they have available. If D3 fixes things we will reconsider.
  • I'm having fond memories of when my roster was much weaker and I felt bad for not putting up as much as some others…

Just leveled all my 3*s (thanks to the latest misinformation from D3 regarding SS/scaling), and it doesn't even matter in this "fun anniversary celebration event."

DBC
  • Some of our members are already giving up... and we are a top 100 alliance... just not fun and they made it harder by "correcting" the scaling on the goons. Come on, and we are only on level 6!
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    My casual alliance is early in round 5, and after hearing what Round 6 has to offer, and after the difficulty spike in the essential nodes, I'm definitely encouraging us all to stop.

Whatever this event is, it's not a game. It's not even a component in a metagame. It's a masochism test and I'm done trying to pass.
  • Not to be that guy, but I literally already started this thread. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33557
  • AtlasAxe
    Haetron, no problem, I missed yours. I'll up vote yours.