Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow this got moved to Suggestions.. I really doubt the devs are going to read the Suggestions before the General discussion of complaints and vents.. ::sigh::
  • Yes, they've said that they read the suggestions forums quite a bit, and there's proof for that. I suggested 1 star Spidey quite a bit before he released, and gave good reasons for it, so I felt like maybe they do check here.

Personally, the changes done to the original version of the event shouldn't have occurred in my opinion. We were unaware more cd tiles would spawn, that in turn spawn more cosmic tiles, and that in later rounds, their ap would increase even more.

IE, without the changes, we'd still be looking at the fight getting harder due to more cosmic tiles being spawned per CD, and more AP being gained, just not as much. IE, Round 5 is doing 3 ap, would be doing 2 ap instead. (I think, going off memory.) There were simply too many last minute adjustments that escalated the fight from hard to impossible.
  • My breakdown from another thread on why the base AP per cosmic tile increase broke the event.

Currently, without player intervention:

Round 1: Possible 4 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 2: Possible 4 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 3: Possible 12 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 4: Possible 18 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 5: Possible 27! AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 6: Possible 48!! AP per round once CD resolves.

More interesting is had the last minute alteration to Cosmic Tile base AP being increased to 2 not occurred:

Round 1: Possible 2 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 2: Possible 2 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 3: Possible 4 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 4: Possible 12 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 5: Possible 18 AP per round once CD resolves.
    Round 6: Possible 36 AP per round once CD resolves.

This is taking into account the AP increases in rounds 4 and 6, which is also the two jumps in difficulty most noted on the Galactus event.

It appears someone saw the Playerbase start talking about AP denial tools and decided to just bump the base AP per tile, without taking into account the number of cosmic tiles increasing, and the number of CD tiles creating cosmic tiles increasing, and it damaged the event irreparably for this run.

I agreed with the decrease to 28 to stop Starlord infinite stalling, and the change to it being all AP so it'd be more difficult to target specifically his black AP, but that base cosmic tile AP increase broke the event.

As an example, this means breaking one cd tile currently on round 6 decreases the possible Cosmic Tile AP to 32 from 48. If the base AP increase had not occurred, the same defense would reduce possible Cosmic Tile AP from 36 to 24.

Reducing the AP from 2/3/4 to 1/2/3 on cosmic tiles would still make the event difficult, (and I think increasing the number of cd tiles made should not happen, or if that happens, the AP per tile should remain at 1) but at least not a practice in match damage for 3 turns, fire 1 ability, die/retreat.
  • Haetron wrote:
    It appears someone saw the Playerbase start talking about AP denial ...

I really hope such conspiratorial thoughts are baseless ... but with many examples of forum scuttlebutt presaging in-game developments who knows.

This is why other communication channels are so important. So players can scratch the "let's talk about stuff" itch without selling themselves down the river.

Fuhgawdssake, don't talk about fight club, ha.

I dont know what else to think. We mentioned Starlord, G's Wrath dropped to 28. We mentioned Shadowstep, he got the ability to destroy all tiles. We mentioned Psylocke/She Hulk/OBW ap denial, he went from only gaining black ap, to gaining all ap, which pretty much ruined any psylocke strategy.

We then said She Hulk/OBW still had tools, with OBW aggressive/Espionage and Shulk charge, and the page updated to +2ap per tile. And that's the point it truly broke, per the math above, IMHO.