Its time for the devs to speak up

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok there has been radio silence from everyone in the know for the past 16 hours or so, and then all we got was a "oops" from a dev.

Its time now to address the issues that have been raised:

Offer a rationale behind the 8 hour shutouts while there's no other PvE event to pass the time.

Explain to us why less anniversary tokens is a good thing (other that them being good for you), and why the odds of a 2* are higher than a standard token while all other returns are diminished.

Explain the downtime with more than "it's just one of those things".

Explain why and stop Galactus from cheating. If his CD tiles are 3 turn then they should take 3 turns to pop not two.

Explain the insane difficulty curve on Galactus. I get he is the devourer of world and all, but 3 turn wipeouts are no fun.

Was the event even play tested? If it was did you manage to clear the higher round, and which what teams?

The whole community is feeling dejected and aggravated with the anniversary so far, and your silence is only exacerbating things. Talk to us and explain what's going on, please.

Comments

• Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    The 3 turn wipes are not fun at all. I'm begrudgingly playing Galactus because my alliance needs all the help it can get, but I am NOT playing for the fun of it.

Maybe 1 count down per a turn would be enough of a challenge, and make them take their real 3 turns to count down.

Something needs to be done.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Could you point me to the oops dev post? I have only seen total radio silence

They should acknowledge with an ingame pop up, unless they want new players to think this is typical. Actually hang on a minute ...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously guys, say SOMETHING. We promise to give you a fair trial. Followed by a first class hanging.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Can I please add few more question(s) for the devs :

1. Did anyone play (test) this event against a Round 4 or later Galactus.

2. What team did you use to win

3. What level were they

Or :

Sorry we only tested Rounds 1 and 2 ....
  • Wooodd
    IlDuderino wrote:

They should acknowledge with an ingame pop up, unless they want new players to think this is typical. Actually hang on a minute ...
    I was referring to the announcement at the top of the General Discussions page. Would link but I'm on my phone so not so easy.

Also added gmp72's question to the OP.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    IlDuderino wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33491
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It was time yesterday. At this point it's just a joke that keeps getting more ridiculous.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Can you really blame them? The first time someone speaks up on this forum everyone is going to leap on them like a pack of rabid wombats. Rabid wombats who have been casting lots of enchantments on each other.
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=159312&type=card
  • Wooodd
    Can you really blame them? The first time someone speaks up on this forum everyone is going to leap on them like a pack of rabid wombats. Rabid wombats who have been casting lots of enchantments on each other.
    I'm sure your right, but the longer its left the more rabid the wombat. ATM its like we are all poking the wombat with a stick just to get him more and more riled.

I wouldn't mind if they responded in a locked topic so people couldn't directly reply, but the silence is the really disappointing moreover than any of the issues.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker

That's unfair - even those early MTG cards were play-tested.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884

Except the forum is this way it is right now because they didn't speak up.

Here's an example of how it could have gone:
    1PM: There are server issues
    3PM: No, it's not a bug that the nodes don't reset for Galactus after clearing a round. That's a new feature we added
    4PM: It looks like most people can log on now. We've added additional server load to deal with the additional volume. We'd expected an influx of players, but even our expectations were beat. We'll be discussing compensation.
    5PM: Hey guys, we hear your concerns about token odds. It's being discussed.
    6PM: Hey guys, with all the server issues we decided to delay the data push that would add Iceman to Heroic packs. He'll be added at X date.
    7PM: Hey guys, just wanted to reiterate that there won't be 20 man bracket Lightning Rounds. We hear your concerns that there are far fewer tokens this year than last because of that. It's being discussed.
    8PM: Hey guys, that free token that was mentioned in all the articles is still coming. It just wasn't planned for the first day.

People would have answers to questions. They might not like the answers, but at least they'd know their concerns were being heard and have feedback. And they'd know that measures were being made to improve things.

We got the first post...... and then what happened? There are multiple people whose job it is to post on these forums and keep the players informed. Did they all fall into quicksand?
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, I'm not saying it's the correct path of action - just that I can't really blame them for it. Answering to a boss is bad enough, but answering to an internet forum about your mistakes? Makes me shudder.
  • To be blunt, D3 should know better by now than not saying anything, even if it is just saying, "We are looking into this." They've had two years of this, and every time there is a problem, the people at D3 suddenly go silent. If you are reading this, IceIX, I recommend saying something. You don't want days of people getting more riled up and ragequitting. Once you speak, you can start working on calming this down. Again, you don't have to have information, just speak.

Knyghtmare
    S.H.I.E.L.D Commander
  • Oh, I'm not saying it's the correct path of action - just that I can't really blame them for it. Answering to a boss is bad enough, but answering to an internet forum about your mistakes? Makes me shudder.

Yep, accountability is messy and uncomfortable. It's also pretty grown-up. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC