Tip for saving health packs vs galactus (tactical retreat)

eShock
eShock Posts: 42
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, if you know you are going to wipe during the next galactus turn (i.e. there are enough cosmic tiles on the board to get him to 30 black AP), then just fire off any remaining abilities you have and then RETREAT BEFORE ENDING YOUR TURN, i.e. don't make a match3 (or 4), just retreat instead. To retreat (on mobile interface) click pause/back button, then choose retreat option.

You will lose out on that last bit of match dmg (that you could have done if you performed a match3 or match4 and any cascades), BUT you still keep all the previous damage done to galactus ... AND you only take the retreat health penalty (1/3 total health lost?) rather than a full team wipe. This will allow you to reuse that team for the next boss fight without using health packs (since they'll be around 2/3 health now).

Note if you attempt to do the retreat during galactus' turn (i.e. during his animations for gaining cosmic energy, or cd tiles, etc) then the client/server will have already wiped your team (even though the graphics haven't shown it yet, the underlying code has already processed galactus' turn and knows your team died).

Hopefully this tip will help ease the pressure on your health packs as we confront this deadly menance threatening our planet's very existence.

Comments

• I believe this event was created to sell Health Packs. Shame on you D3.

I've been retreating and keeping the points.

Not only do I feel better for not having to use all those health packs, but it also feels good sticking it to the man.
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    Bumping to help keep this on the front page to spread the word (maybe mods could consider temporarily pinning it?). Troop morale is pretty low, and we need to keep up hope if our heroes are to prevail against this Galactus abomination. Every hero's effort counts!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome, I had retreated during his turn, and my characters were completely dead despite the full health so it is good to know that I need to retreat on my turn! Thanks!
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    a design is truly broken when the best strategy is to just up and quit.

fantastic work guys.
  • Just a friendly reminder that discussing strategies like this on the forum is the #1 and quickest way to MAKE THEM GO AWAY. If we don't tell on ourselves...The Devs don't know what we are up to.

Please keep these discussions off of the Forum.

easy...marc