Request for FREE Cyclops covers due to Galactus bugs

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm gonna start the ball rolling by humbly requesting for FREE 4* Cyclops be given out due to various bugs interrupting the gameplay. Bugs such as:
1. Server error (cannot connect to server)
2. Galactus countdown tile bug
3. Points not updating properly to server

This is just a request. This is certainly in no way to say that we are entitled to any compensation for buggy gameplay and unfed hamster-powered servers.

Comments

• Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Even though I don't think this would happen, I certainly approve of your request icon_e_smile.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    kensterr wrote:
    I'm gonna start the ball rolling by humbly requesting for FREE 4* Cyclops be given out due to various bugs interrupting the gameplay. Bugs such as:

This is just a request. This is certainly in no way to say that we are entitled to any compensation for buggy gameplay and unfed hamster-powered servers.

1. Since there was an 8 hour window with no refresh, I'm guessing this didn't affect as many people as it otherwise would have.
    2. I'm guessing this is WAI, just doesn't follow the switch text that causes our CD tiles to take the extra turn.
    3. I haven't heard this was a problem. My points weren't updating to start, but they eventually did once the leaderboards reactivated. Then only real concerns seem to be with respect to people wasting unlocks on round one and getting the kills there, only to find that they could have received more points had they waited.

My biggest beef was the lack of communication. If we had known that we had 8 hours and no unlock on getting to the next round, more of us with stronger rosters would have let the other players take out round one and two so that we could face the stronger rounds. Also, the fact that the first players to get in ended up "cheated" out of 15-20K in points may be moot, as it is unlikely that those extra points would have a major impact on our final scores.

However, because of the total lack of communication about how the rounds would work, many of us spent the day totally frustrated and feeling cheated. If anything, that is why there should be compensation. That and for the people who were in the last couple of slices in the 7 day PvE who couldn't get in to complete their grinds.

My frustration with these events is that the top prizes are for alliance achievements. Even if you complete 100% of your own clears, if your alliance gives up or fails to contribute, you miss out... I've never gotten to round 6 in Ultron before despite going way over the maximum individual participation, along with the two or three other alliance members who exceeded. This mentality destroys the fabric of the alliance system... if you don't leave your alliance to seek out a strong and competitive one, you get **** on the best prizes. In PvP and PvE, this isn't a problem. Yeah, you might miss out on a couple of covers, but you still have the chance to individually achieve and get the 1300 token or the new release covers.

By staying in my alliance I am certainly going to be unable to get through Round 6. I was forever behind on my IMHB after Ultron... and at least there they offered a decent chance of acquiring him in the packs. Here, even with a 40 pack you are less likely to acquire a single cover than you were with a 10 pack in Ultron.

Hopefully they don't make the new Cyclops a required character to play for Red Hulk, but either way it probably doesn't matter since you are again going to need to be in once of the top alliances to even sniff at a Red Hulk cover in the second round of this.

So while I disagree with your reasons for the devs to give us a Cyclops, I still think that there should be some compensation that gives out those covers... whether that is by giving them out to those who complete round 5 or those who achieve over 600K individually, it doesn't matter. But an event 10 pack isn't going to cover it... the odds of getting a cover are just so small that it might as well not exist. When your odds 5 times better to get a 5* cover from a legendary than to get a 4* new release during anniversary? Shame on you MPQ.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    With how completely broken this event is, the most reasonable course is to pull the plug and hand out compensation. They certainly shouldn't be planning to subject us to this nonsense AGAIN next week.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Round 4-6 have not been fun. Round 6 is the stupidest level I have played in a game and there are harder level yet?

I'll spend more time complaining than playing because playing the game is not fun!
  • One can dream right.

But realistically speaking, we are probably getting a token and pull a 250 iso from it. For me it's mostly ares or bullseye, some alliance mates say it's always obw or always Hawkeye.
  • I had a notification that deadpool sent me a suspicious present. Assumed it was a sorry gift from the devs, but logged in and it was nothing. Possibly a normal notification for deadpool daily? Can anyone confirm?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most likely the game just Bazinga! you
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    And 1000 imcoin.png to roster him
  • I had a notification that deadpool sent me a suspicious present. Assumed it was a sorry gift from the devs, but logged in and it was nothing. Possibly a normal notification for deadpool daily? Can anyone confirm?

It was telling you Tex-Mex was ending
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    kensterr wrote:

You mean a anniversary token isn't good enough!? There is a gareentee 2* upon opening.
  • Bishop wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

You mean a anniversary token isn't good enough!? There is a gareentee 2* upon opening.

which translates to iso and contribute to character levelling! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I want 1 free roster slot, dont need cyclops, i will just sell him for ISO anyway icon_mrgreen.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I have like 80 something characters. I don't want another Cyke as much as I want to have fun.

I request that the Devs take a good, hard look at their game and do their best to make it better.
  • I support the sentiment, but I don't need another useless 1 cover 4* that's likely going to be sitting with the page+ of single cover 4*s already taking up precious space in my roster, not to mention HP/roster slot problems for many of the "lucky" recipients.

I would definitely support D3 taking another stab at putting together an anniversary celebration, because this one doesn't feel all that festive.

DBC