Let's agree to all finally quit MPQ together

Hello everyone,

I started playing this game again for the DPD at the start of the year after a long break.

I started playing in earnest again around Ultron and played for a few months, then quit again because the game kept pushing me into tougher brackets that were increasingly impossible to place for even a single cover. I actually enjoyed Ultron, although not the late-rounds where he basically single-shot you and it all came down to board roulette.

Things that kept me playing this game:
3* DPD - made me start playing again and slowly fill out the gaps in my 3* roster
Promised 4* DPD - False advertising. It is not a way of making 3-4* transition any easier. Instead it's almost impossible without a fully covered 4* roster, and doesn't meaningfully aid in the 5* transition either. It's more of a teaser for uber-whales to get them to spend tons of money.
Anniversary Week - A complete joke in comparison to what I understand last year's was. Also, they took the worst parts of Ultron and doubled down on it. Round 5 and Galactus isn't even playable. Over in 3 turns unless you get an exceptionally good board, or you have Silver Surfer (i.e. <1% of the player-base). Anniversary tokens have greatly reduced odds, so the effort doesn't even pay off. Was looking forward to this, now just extremely, extremely disappointed.
Hypothetical new gameplay mode to ease transitions - They've been promising this since around the first run of Ultron (same time 4* DPD was originally talked about), but based on everything else in this game I doubt it will change anything.

So let's all agree to just cut the cord and move on to better things. They clearly want us to pay thousands for a SS to keep playing the game, which isn't really reasonable for the vast majority of gamers, so lets speak with our feet.

To the crew I'm running with for this event, I apologize, but I can't even play this event (wipe every time with a developed 3* roster, nearly all in 140-166 range, with a few reasonably covered 4*s), so there's very little benefit for me to keep trying. And more generally, everything that comes out of the devs mouths are false promises. Almost every seemingly positive change is offset by something negative that counteracts said change or makes it worse. And they just get more and more greedy.

I hope some of you think about joining me, instead of rewarding the devs' disrespect for their players. I've also unshared and deleted all my Google spreadsheets related to MPQ, since I can't in good conscience encourage people to continue playing this game or spending money on it. I know I've threatened to quit before, but now you know I've gone through with it. I'm done here.

Good night, and good luck.

tHD, out and away icon_arrow.gif

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take care tHD.
  • Yeah, you can go.

Take as many highly levelled rosters with you, please!

I need help getting all the placement awards I can get. icon_twisted.gif
  • I'm still waiting for that video where you delete your roster and then the game.
  • I'm still waiting for that video where you delete your roster and then the game.

Ooooh, yes.

That'd be the best way to show them you're done for good.

You're going to just erase up to 2 years of effort, just to stick it to them and prove you are absolutely done with it.

....please don't actually do it you'll feel better about the game in like two weeks or something idk.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Man don't delete or quit. Just stop spending money. That's the worst you can do. Quitting is better as they no longer have to pay for your usage.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sucks for the team he's running with. I hope it wasn't an alliance that whose aim was to get as far as they could. I can respect a personal choice to quit, but when it affects 19 other people, that's not cool at all.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    Man don't delete or quit. Just stop spending money. That's the worst you can do. Quitting is better as they no longer have to pay for your usage.

It's the main reason I've kept playing for the last year. I try to put as much strain on their servers as one player can - which isn't a lot, but I'm certainly not going to help keep the lights on.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    nwman wrote:

It's the main reason I've kept playing for the last year. I try to put as much strain on their servers as one player can - which isn't a lot, but I'm certainly not going to help keep the lights on.

According to them, the best way to do that is to just play PVP normally.

Most of the server strain is that Skip button, apparently. icon_razz.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    I think most of the points at higher rounds would come from the other 5 nodes.. regardless of how good our rosters are, Galactus is just too powerful.. (unless we have 5*s to soak up the increasing damage from his powers and dent his health from match damage, there's really no sure/consistent way yet that i can think of to deal with his powers efficiently.. even the 5*s would struggle with bad boards, overwhelming countdown tiles, and RNGed cascades)

Now, he's probably made up his mind about quitting a few weeks ago anyway and this is just the final nail in the coffin. But, I agree.. difficulty in getting points against Galactus shouldn't just mean we simply have to quit. I might change my opinion, if later on the other 5 nodes become unbeatable.. but so far, up to round 4, all the 5 nodes have been painless.

By quitting, he's leaving the team hanging. If most of the points do come from the 5 Essential nodes, he's just taken away 5% of a possible team's score. In round 5, the 5 nodes are still painless. I think the highest enemy I had was a level 70 Carnage. The stark contrast in difficulty between the Essential nodes and Galactus is ridiculous though. You can win the Essential nodes within the first few turns. You can lose the Galactus match within the first few turns. Really sucks, b/c the major points are to be had in the Galactus match.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm still waiting for that video where you delete your roster and then the game.

I can't go alone, that would make me seem like some kind of nut. Someone has to go with me...

latest?cb=20101203162033
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't agree to that. But my feelings on the matter shouldn't determine your decision to quit.
  • lukewin wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    I think most of the points at higher rounds would come from the other 5 nodes.. regardless of how good our rosters are, Galactus is just too powerful.. (unless we have 5*s to soak up the increasing damage from his powers and dent his health from match damage, there's really no sure/consistent way yet that i can think of to deal with his powers efficiently.. even the 5*s would struggle with bad boards, overwhelming countdown tiles, and RNGed cascades)

Now, he's probably made up his mind about quitting a few weeks ago anyway and this is just the final nail in the coffin. But, I agree.. difficulty in getting points against Galactus shouldn't just mean we simply have to quit. I might change my opinion, if later on the other 5 nodes become unbeatable.. but so far, up to round 4, all the 5 nodes have been painless.

By quitting, he's leaving the team hanging. If most of the points do come from the 5 Essential nodes, he's just taken away 5% of a possible team's score. In round 5, the 5 nodes are still painless. I think the highest enemy I had was a level 70 Carnage. The stark contrast in difficulty between the Essential nodes and Galactus is ridiculous though. You can win the Essential nodes within the first few turns. You can lose the Galactus match within the first few turns. Really sucks, b/c the major points are to be had in the Galactus match.

To be totally honest, I don't think that the amount of points counteracts wiping every match against Galactus.

However, you still make a fair point about essentials and giving it a shot anyway to not leave everyone else hanging. Your post convinced me to hang in there until the end of the event. I reinstalled the game, and I'm playing the event, but I'm uninstalling again after it's done. I really don't enjoy this event at all. Which is to say, the ONLY reason I'm playing it is to give a few extra points to my team, but this feels worse than a chore. It's an exercise in frustration. Everything else I said in my OP still stands, and I'm not restoring my google sheets.

All the best everyone. Now I'm done here. icon_arrow.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quit Threads belong here: viewforum.php?f=15
This discussion has been closed.