Generally astounded with the disappointing roll-out

2»

Comments

• mjh wrote:
    If they simply re-skinned last years anniversary event with same rewards and token odds it would've been fine .

Bzzt. The rage monkeys would be out in force hacking away on their little keyboards going overly dramatic with how atrocious that move would have been. I don't think there is a move that could have been made to quiet the squeaky wheels.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    They did not make 1 single post when everyone and their mother was fuming mad over XF VS Cyc DDQ 4* so no reason they should be decent enough to address us now

working as intended, please insert your credit card

Every time i post my count goes up, im now at 18 tokens opened, 18 2 star rewards. I know this is *just my luck* but im also not having fun playing. At all. Yet I press on, hoping and wishing. As I have with many games that died. Year 3 I would be surprised

Same here: about 12-14 (lost count) Anniversary & Galactus tokens opened - 100% 2* covers. Happy Anniversary right?
    Instead of being excited about a ONCE A YEAR EVENT, I'm not glad it's ONLY a once a year event. Very sad that D3/Demiurge can't give the players better odds for one week to celebrate us keeping THEM IN BUSINESS for another year.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    working as intended, please insert your credit card

If this was someone's thinking, then they should be fired. Insert your credit card for what? The tokens are worse than the regular heroics and no amount of spending is going to keep Galactus from killing you on round 3. So what are we supposed to spend money on?

Our alliance is in round 6 and I don't see how we're going to finish it. Galactus produces 3 CD tiles a turn that produce 4 cosmic tiles that provide 4 AP each. You can't possibly match away that many tiles and so it's instant death on turn 3. And this is only round 6! Will any alliance even get a single Cyclops cover?
  • No, it wont help you beat galactus

But it will help you cover the new characters you will have 3 covers for at the end of this, like any regular event. And since you wont be seeing any extra 4 star covers than normal either, you can pay for those covers too. Because you aint gettin nothing from this event.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me #2, the Anniversary Tokens sucking, is the most egregious flaw. It's a trap for newbies that could potentially waste a lot of money for people who can't tell that these tokens are simply not worth the price. That's just evil. You have to assume that most of the player base does not read these forums, but goes only by the information presented to them through the application on their phone. To them these things are expensive poison.
    This situation reminds me of the 'cycling icons' animation on the vault tokens, which serves absolutely no purpose except to attempt to fool naive players into thinking they can control the outcome of the pull by clicking at just the right moment, hence acting as an enticement to those players to spend some money to try to 'time the click' just right to get the reward they want.

These anniversary token odds are outright slimy, and D3 / Demiurge should be ashamed of themselves.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    No double iso on ddq, no concurrent pve to farm iso, "boosted" list posted and no pvp actually uses these boosts....
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    No double iso on ddq, no concurrent pve to farm iso, "boosted" list posted and no pvp actually uses these boosts....

That's true, the promised double iso rewards are less than impressive.