Anniversary Season(Oct. 8 - Oct. 19)

Options
2»

Comments

• the only problem to me is the ridiculous drop rate of 3*tokens.. cmon... i've opened like 8 (including 50 hp offer tokens) and only 2* ... im tired of daken and storm...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:
    4 x 1000 seems a bit steep for the legendary (last season average was 800 per event plus shield sim). Might settle for the 10-pack on this as I've not hit 1000 yet

Last anniversary it was 3x1000 to get the 10-pack, so that's easier.

But there were two tokens, 3* Deadpool, and Dino also in the progression, compared to 1 token, Moonstone! and 2Wolvie

Advantage = last year.
    It also had Sentry bombing and no shield cooldown, so reaching 1000 wasn't that difficult even with the old scoring.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    [...]
    1750: Anniversary 10-Pack
    2500: 25 spideycoin.png
    3000: 2* icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
    [...]
    This is insane... for 1750pts. you get Anniversary 10-Pack, but for 3000pts. only 2* Wolverine?! What a ****...
  • superho
    superho Posts: 17
    Options
    Does anyone know what the 1000 pt progression reward DD cover will be in the DD PVP? Is there any way to predict? I'm assuming it will be a Red or Purple as the current #1 prize in this event is a Green DD?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    superho wrote:
    Does anyone know what the 1000 pt progression reward DD cover will be in the DD PVP? Is there any way to predict? I'm assuming it will be a Red or Purple as the current #1 prize in this event is a Green DD?
    They tend to go in color order, so it should be red.
    I have resigned myself to not getting the green I need, and my 2/5/5 Devil cries silently.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After, i'm not sure how many tokens, and my entire alliance pulling Dino for fun. I finally have my first Dino token.. i can console myself with the
    blueflag.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_professorx.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.png

Almost makes up for the rest of the ISO picked up
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Progression rewards are pretty terrible this time around. There's no 3*, just a couple of 2* covers plus the legendary token. That 2* Wolverine cover sitting at 3000 points? With only 4 events, you need to score at least 750 points in each one. What kind of roster still needs 2* Wolverine covers can manage to consistently hit 750 points? That's almost enough to hit the 3* progression cover in a normal season event (and most 2* players can't do it).

Wow I didn't even notice that! It should have been a red Devil Dino.. maybe it was originally a red Patch or even.. OML but they changed it last minute because they felt we were given "enough" rewards.

I find it especially offensive that the individual PVP losses take away from your overall progression score icon_evil.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • frostCoH wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:
    Progression rewards are pretty terrible this time around. There's no 3*, just a couple of 2* covers plus the legendary token. That 2* Wolverine cover sitting at 3000 points? With only 4 events, you need to score at least 750 points in each one. What kind of roster still needs 2* Wolverine covers can manage to consistently hit 750 points? That's almost enough to hit the 3* progression cover in a normal season event (and most 2* players can't do it).

Wow I didn't even notice that! It should have been a red Devil Dino.. maybe it was originally a red Patch or even.. OML but they changed it last minute because they felt we were given "enough" rewards.

I find it especially offensive that the individual PVP losses take away from your overall progression score icon_evil.gificon_e_sad.gif

I really, REALLY wish that relatively tiny change could be made to PvP.

Words cannot describe how much better I would feel about every single other issue I have with PvP if my progression could just stay, well, progression-y.

DBC
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

Words cannot describe how much better I would feel about every single other issue I have with PvP if my progression could just stay, well, progression-y.

DBC

This is exactly why only like 10 people are going to get the legendary progression, which is quite frankly, offensive.
  • frostCoH wrote:
    frostCoH wrote:

I find it especially offensive that the individual PVP losses take away from your overall progression score icon_evil.gif :(

DBC

This is exactly why only like 10 people are going to get the legendary progression, which is quite frankly, offensive.

12 members of one alliance have broken 4000 points solely in Women of Marvel. So I think quite a few more than 10 will get the legendary this season icon_lol.gif

I'm at 5100+ points for the season so far from 3 events and a touch of Dino. I'm currently 35th in my season bracket.
    There's definitely a lot of people getting the token.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    frostCoH wrote:

12 members of one alliance have broken 4000 points solely in Women of Marvel. So I think quite a few more than 10 will get the legendary this season icon_lol.gif

I'm at 5100+ points for the season so far from 3 events and a touch of Dino. I'm currently 35th in my season bracket.
    I'm at 3850 before starting the Devil Dinosaur PvP, and there are 100 players above me. So he definitely missed a zero in that estimate.
  • Davan
    Davan Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think lots of people will make it. But I noticed that all the top people have huge rosters full of mostly maxed cover 3 and 4*s. Its very tough to make progress as a transitioning 2* into 3* player that needs those 3* covers that are rewards. If 3* covers are rewards shouldn't this be aimed at those transitioning people? I thought the brackets weren't meant to give weaker players a chance. We don't have the rosters to field 5 different teams to keep building points.

We need to hero points for to build roster spots but D3 expects us to buy sheilds? Maybe you can break even as a newish player but its difficult. I know D3 wants to make money on HPS for these shields it is a business after all but its rather discouraging. PVP now punishes you for starting early as well and building up your points which makes you worth more and get attacked more. So players learn not to really play the event until the last few hours when they get more points per attack. Why does it make sense that you actually do better the less pvp you do? Just make each event 8 hours than if that is the case.

Another thing is once you get up to around 650 points you start getting attacked like crazy and by the time you finish a match you can be attacked 4 times making it a struggle to even get past that point unless you have a killer roster to breeze through fights in 30 seconds. I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot and I am discouraged a bit but I'll keep struggling and trying to improve myself.

Season progression you should maybe only lose 1/4 of the points you lose from each loss from individual events on your season progression. Also make so you could bank a certain amount of points of your total or set a threshold so that even new players if they play enough they can make progress. Maybe not enough to get the legendary but at least enough to get the 3* cover and make a run to get in the top 200. I don't know if these are good ideas maybe more experienced players can chime in. Just some thoughts and I'm willing to take any advice.
  • frostCoH wrote:
    frostCoH wrote:

DBC

Pretty sure you meant to say, "This is exactly why only like 10 people [who aren't a part of a major T100 PvP alliance coordinating off-line and hitting each other repeatedly many, many times while shielded, as opposed to playing the way an average person plays "Player vs. Player"] are going to get the legendary progression…

To borrow a hunting analogy, you're playing in the wild, they're playing on what amounts to a game farm, where the game (animal) is essentially declawed, defanged, and chained to a post, and is also sending them messages saying, "I'm ready for you to kill me now."

Advice? Play the game the way D3 apparently intends us to, or fare accordingly. Not saying I like it, but its the way D3 chose to build "PvP," and some of the "Ps" have responded accordingly by adapting to and taking full advantage of the parameters knowingly set by the game's developer.

It doesn't make it feel better to someone outside the loop, but to not take advantage of the current build would arguably be pretty silly.

Full disclosure, I'm choosing to play outside the loop for the time being, FWIW. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the beginning, I also really disliked how you lost season points if you lost them in individual pvps.

However, I now see how easy it would be to exploit if that wasn't the case:
    Climb as high as you can, as early as you can, and rack up season points. Put up an easy team, take your hits, climb back up of the retals, rack up more season points. Rinse, repeat. You would clear season progression in a couple of pvps.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

I think all the top 10 in my season bracket had the 4000 progression after one event. I recognize most of the names there, though, so I might have just been at the big kids table this time around (...just outside the top 2,500 or so in that table).

My sole accomplishment this season was bringing my 1/1/2 Devil Dinosaur to 5/3/5 making him my first maxed 4-star. Sure, he probably won't help me "win" anything, but I had to start maxing 4-stars somewhere...and at my current rate of 4-star acquisition, it could be a long time before anyone else joins him icon_e_smile.gif