What to do?

Noobulator
Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm here, it's the second anniversary of MPQ. What should be really exciting stuff, Galactus event, new PVPs, etc... is really not exciting at all. Waited until noon for Galactus to start, fully expecting server errors as those were bound to happen, but what didn't I expect?!? To play for 30 min and need to wait another 8 hours... This in my opinion is a complete fail. I've got nothing to play right now, what am I supposed to celebrate? Not playing??? Not even sure there will be daily Lightning Rounds as last year. But you all had me a little fooled, I really was exited for this, now I'm just bored...

Where is all the content, where is the gameplay, where is the anniversary event that could have been....????

Mods moved last topic but this is legit thread, leave it here please. I'm not complaining about tokens, or server shutdowns. I'm asking legit questions for community, WHAT ARE WE TO CELEBRATE? There's nothing to play!

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobulator wrote:
    I'm here, it's the second anniversary of MPQ. What should be really exciting stuff, Galactus event, new PVPs, etc... is really not exciting at all. Waited until noon for Galactus to start, fully expecting server errors as those were bound to happen, but what didn't I expect?!? To play for 30 min and need to wait another 8 hours... This in my opinion is a complete fail. I've got nothing to play right now, what am I supposed to celebrate? Not playing??? Not even sure there will be daily Lightning Rounds as last year. But you all had me a little fooled, I really was exited for this, now I'm just bored...

Where is all the content, where is the gameplay, where is the anniversary event that could have been....????

Mods moved last topic but this is legit thread, leave it here please. I'm not complaining about tokens, or server shutdowns. I'm asking legit questions for community, WHAT ARE WE TO CELEBRATE? There's nothing to play!

annivery season starts at 8pm est at least that is what people say.. this entire Galactus sucks with the nodes locking for 8 hours,.. SO my team can take him out from round 1 to 4 without problems say. Well i jump on to play round 1 and maybe get one or two shots at round 2. Im now locked for 8 hours allowing the rest of the team to score higher and forcing the round to 5 or more, I have no chance at killing him at round 5 so mostly im screwed for the rest of the event so why even play.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobulator wrote:

First, sorry for moving your post... had quite a few people letting it all out today...figured it for a rant..

Then i logged in... shielded in tex mex, Anniversary PVP doest start until tomorrow.. iso-8 is over (t20, yay) and i havent had any galactus subs to do since about 12:30 EST.. and thought... wow, i've never logged in and had nothing to do.... and i havent had anything to do in MPQ since lunchtime..

This is new.. so used to grinding.. n 30 minutes i get to have another go at Galactus.. but you are absolutely correct.. i don't think we have ever had a completely dead time before... interesting.
  • slidecage
    i think galactus got into the office and ate everyone that is why we have not heard a peep all day
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    @slidecage - this is not what you want to hear (and I just saw a thread but haven't read it yet so apologies if this is old news), but you should just play Galactus to deal as much damage as possible. You can still hit some decent progression rewards and your alliance will appreciate as many points from you as possible.
  • Noobulator
    Malcrof wrote:
    Noobulator wrote:

First, sorry for moving your post... had quite a few people letting it all out today...figured it for a rant..

Then i logged in... shielded in tex mex, Anniversary PVP doest start until tomorrow.. iso-8 is over (t20, yay) and i havent had any galactus subs to do since about 12:30 EST.. and thought... wow, i've never logged in and had nothing to do.... and i havent had anything to do in MPQ since lunchtime..

This is new.. so used to grinding.. n 30 minutes i get to have another go at Galactus.. but you are absolutely correct.. i don't think we have ever had a completely dead time before... interesting.

Thanks for taking ownership. I don't troll on here. I'm quite seriously disappointed there is NOTHING to do!
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    mohio wrote:
    @slidecage - this is not what you want to hear (and I just saw a thread but haven't read it yet so apologies if this is old news), but you should just play Galactus to deal as much damage as possible. You can still hit some decent progression rewards and your alliance will appreciate as many points from you as possible.

mohio -- That's not the issue. The issue is that slidecage and others CANNOT play Galactus AT ALL, because they used up all their first 6 Galactus shots in the early minutes of the event and are locked out of the entirety of the Galactus event until the timer unlocks them. So there's nothing to play -- not nothing that you want to play, nothing that you CAN play, at all.
  • slidecage
    mohio wrote:

yea i will keep playing but ultron was a lot better with tokens and 25hp per round this event nothing
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was odd that the anniversary didn't start until the lightning rounds ended. I knew they weren't doing the fabled 20 person brackets, but figured they would be doing SOMETHING at least to take advantage of the whole "double iso wooo!" thing they were promoting. Even if it was just regular lightning rounds running all through the weekend. :shrug:
  • Perhaps there's some kind of cosmic irony we're missing here. Celebrate 2 years of playing by not playing! Double ISO yay (double of zero is still zero so technically we didn't lie)!
  • tmurf5387
    tmurf5387 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Last year there were special anniversary lightning rounds. I dont even care if they were 20 man ones like last year. I just want that double iso, I need to stock up.
  • I actually don't understand how this is supposed to work. I haven't actually been able to get into a single Galactus match all day. I log in, all the nodes are locked. I wait 5 hours, log in, new nodes, all locked. Now it's a seven hour wait...to do what? Is there some trick to getting into the locked nodes or am I just not allowed for some reason?
  • biffpow wrote:
    I actually don't understand how this is supposed to work. I haven't actually been able to get into a single Galactus match all day. I log in, all the nodes are locked. I wait 5 hours, log in, new nodes, all locked. Now it's a seven hour wait...to do what? Is there some trick to getting into the locked nodes or am I just not allowed for some reason?
    Boss fight first, clear a node, boss fight again, clear another node, etc.
  • slidecage
    there is not even a season There is nothing to play.. Play 30 mins and then be forced to sit out for 8 hours what a freaking joke they could at least ran another PVE along the side of this joke of an event
  • rtomek wrote:
    Boss fight first, clear a node, boss fight again, clear another node, etc.

Thanks! I'm a moron.

Although that seems to opposite of how it usually works with video games, in my (pathetic) defense....
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Waited 8 hrs. to play for 10 minutes. Side nodes are easy enough but insta-wipe on the boss fight so all events are locked in no time. So sad.........
  • Noobulator
    Waited 8 hrs. to play for 10 minutes. Side nodes are easy enough but insta-wipe on the boss fight so all events are locked in no time. So sad.........

Yeah I got 10 min or so of play too. COMPLETE FAIL!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    If we only get one round of clearing nodes every 8 hours, and given the high rate of losses to Galactus, how are teams going to be reasonably expected to beat this thing in 3.5 days?