In Other News

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
News on the Marvel movies:

icon_blackpanther.png BLACK PANTHER moves to 2/16/18 wide (from 7/6/18 wide)

icon_antman.png ANT-MAN AND THE WASP now dated on 7/6/18 wide

icon_caroldanvers.png CAPTAIN MARVEL moves to 3/8/19 wide (from 11/2/18 wide)

· 5/1/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 5/1/20 wide

· 7/10/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 7/10/20 wide

· 11/6/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 11/6/20 wide

I don't know how I feel about a comic book movie in February.. anyone remember Ghostrider 2? Yes it sucked but it didn't help that it was released in a slow movie month filled with chick flicks. Maybe the upcoming Deadpool movie will change that. I am excited that Ant-Man is getting a sequel and Wasp is finally donning the costume! Curious to know what the three 2020 could be!

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/20 ... ars-3-more

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we have confirmation that Squirrel Girl will be in the BP movie?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

What does Squirrel Girl have to do with Black Panther.. did I miss something? lol

I would think she would likely appear in the Jessica Jones and/or Luke Cage TV Show before the movies if at all.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

What does Squirrel Girl have to do with Black Panther.. did I miss something? lol

I would think she would likely appear in the Jessica Jones and/or Luke Cage TV Show before the movies if at all.

It was something they were talking about when they were looking for a director for the movie.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

If that really happens, I will hunt you down, find where you live, knock on your door and have strong, unkind words with you.

I cannot stress how strongly I feel that the character known as "Squirrel Girl" should be stricken from the annals of the Marvel Universe, never to be spoken of again.

If they attach that **** character to one of my all time favorites, I will just skip that movie entirely.

Please tell me you are joking. Please.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

If that really happens, I will hunt you down, find where you live, knock on your door and have strong, unkind words with you.

I cannot stress how strongly I feel that the character known as "Squirrel Girl" should be stricken from the annals of the Marvel Universe, never to be spoken of again.

If they attach that **** character to one of my all time favorites, I will just skip that movie entirely.

Don't worry. She shows up to show Black Panther the secrets of the Cosmic Chickenwing Submission maneuver.
  • Don't forget that our favorite Merc with a Mouth comes out in February 2016
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    orionpeace wrote:

There are people who like squirrel girl (her latest comic run has been getting favorable reviews), and who don't really care for black panther (I find him a little boring). There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion.
  • orionpeace
    cyineedsn wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

There are people who like squirrel girl (her latest comic run has been getting favorable reviews), and who don't really care for black panther (I find him a little boring). There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion.

At no point did I tell anyone they couldn't hold whatever opinion they wanted. I merely expressed mine.

The unkind words were a joking response to him basically "jinxing" the movie and thereby causing her inclusion.

I also cannot express how little I care about "favorable reviews". Critics disliked the Avengers movie while I found it to be immensely entertaining.
  • Yeah, but then again, you like Black Panther and dislike Squirrel Girl.
  • orionpeace
    Haetron wrote:
    Yeah, but then again, you like Black Panther and dislike Squirrel Girl.

Very, very true.

And that is MY opinion.

Feel free to hold to whatever your opinion may be. Not here to convince anyone of anything.

Just continuing my vendetta against the character Squirrel Girl. icon_twisted.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1, Squirrel Girl is awesome.

#2, Marvel movie fatigue is already a thing. I can't believe they're already adding more sequels. I mean, I can - duh, money - but wow. I will be pretty surprised if the entire genre isn't run into the ground by the time Avengers 3 part 1 hits.

#3, Sadly I notice they're moving the movie about a black guy and the movie about a woman to the dead-zone movie release times. Hopefully Deadpool will prove "late winter" is actually viable and not just where you go to put movies you don't care about because obviously the summer is for your movies about white guys.

Here's how these fit in with all the other known dates:

May 6, 2016 - Cap 3

Nov 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017 - GotG 2

July 28, 2017 - Spider-Man (really??)

Nov 3, 2017 - Thor 3

Feb 16, 2018 - BP

May 4, 2018 - Avengers 3, part 1

July 6, 2018 - Ant-Man 2

Mar 18, 2019 - Cap. Marvel

May 3, 2019 - Avengers 3, part 2

July 12, 2019 - Inhumans