Challenge: noob players versus the mighty Galactus!

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So with the devs actively making adjustments to counter loopholes found by wiley vet players in the last hours before the event starts, I wonder if they calibrated it to be playable by unsuspecting new players?

During the last round of Ultron, A N00b was an actual N00b solidly in 1* land with only playable 1*s and a handful of pitiful 2-3* covers. I discovered then that Ultron could be reliably overcome by the amazing 1* storm and 1* hawkeye plus a random tank. A N00b's alliance at the time got as far as round 5 with level 250 Ultron, and even then, A N00b was feeling no pain.

However, poor A N00b has since sold off all its darling 1*s to make room for assorted uppity jerks like Cmags and Sentry and a 3-cover IMHB (who is not pulling his considerable weight), leaving only a lonely Juggs and a new level 1 Hawkeye that N00b spent the last week frantically scraping together from prologue and pvp.

Plus obviously Galactus is a very different puzzle from Ultron and won't be beaten with the same strategy.

So my question/challenge:

CAN A REAL, 1*PLAYING N00B BEAT GALACTUS, AND HOW?

Please share your courageous attempts, heroic failures or shocking successes in comments!

Tales from anyone in 1* to 5* transition welcome, actually. icon_e_smile.gif

or you can scold the developers some more for making the rich richer or something, I dunno.

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Is this where I sign up to express my disappointment with the self-reinforcing hegemony mechanic? It certainly looks like the place... icon_lol.gif