AI 5/5/5... Why?

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm not sure why its taken my 80 days to notice this but on the higher nodes of PvE I'm sure the AI has 5/5/5 covers. Is it not enough that they are levelled 50% higher than my strongest character, around 60% over my second, and 70% ish higher than third.

I get the upscale in levels because it would be too easy if we faced equal opponents as the AI takes no notice of the amount of AP it already has for each colour before making a match. But to compound this by allowing them all maxed out abilities seems a bit much.

Am I right in thinking they have 5/5/5 or am I undervaluing the impact the increased levels has on the power of an ability at 3 covers?

Comments

• meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Wooodd wrote:
    I'm not sure why its taken my 80 days to notice this but on the higher nodes of PvE I'm sure the AI has 5/5/5 covers. Is it not enough that they are levelled 50% higher than my strongest character, around 60% over my second, and 70% ish higher than third.

I get the upscale in levels because it would be too easy if we faced equal opponents as the AI takes no notice of the amount of AP it already has for each colour before making a match. But to compound this by allowing them all maxed out abilities seems a bit much.

Am I right in thinking they have 5/5/5 or am I undervaluing the impact the increased levels has on the power of an ability at 3 covers?
    You are correct that they are 5/5/5. I think the exception is the trivial nodes.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    It isn't right that the AI get 15 covers but it has always been that way, but how does the popular saying go? "This too shall pass".

Is everybody still happy and accepting of true healing?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    meekersX wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:

You are correct that they are 5/5/5. I think the exception is the trivial nodes.
    I think the number of covers is based on the level of the character, so depending on your scaling there may be less covers involved.
    The old Heroic Venom PvEs got a lot tougher when Venom scaled high enough to get the fifth cover in Symbiote Snares and suddenly could stun the entire team. Before that happened, he was usually manageable.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    The RNG gods giving a 15/13 answer is lovely - especially when it's a one sided option.

Serious point though is surely having the ai fight with 13 covers determined by RNG and see what odd combinations it comes up with is where this should go but as ever will never happen in the effort to move to weekly new character launches
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    I'm not sure why its taken my 80 days to notice this but on the higher nodes of PvE I'm sure the AI has 5/5/5 covers.
    Yep. Why? Because health packs.