Trading Post/Market Ideas!

One of the biggest things I would like to see is a MPQ Marketplace. Basically, players could place unwanted or unneeded covers to trade for other covers and they can list what covers they'd be willing to trade. There could be an HP/ISO cost (let's say 1000 HP or 10,000 ISO) per trade that way money can still be made.

That 6th icon_starlord.pngicon_elektra.png or icon_invisiblewoman.png might be worth zero to you, but to someone it maybe the missing piece.

Maybe you're roster can't afford to add icon_silversurfer.png might wreck your scaling.

Pay to trade and get what you want or need.

Since we are "collecting" covers, why not be able to trade them?

Mod Edit: Changed topic title to accurately reflect content

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    florida92 wrote:
    One of the biggest things I would like to see is a MPQ Marketplace. Basically, players could place unwanted or unneeded covers to trade for other covers and they can list what covers they'd be willing to trade. There could be an HP/ISO cost (let's say 1000 HP or 10,000 ISO) per trade that way money can still be made.

That 6th icon_starlord.pngicon_elektra.png or icon_invisiblewoman.png might be worth zero to you, but to someone it maybe the missing piece.

Maybe you're roster can't afford to add icon_silversurfer.png might wreck your scaling.

Pay to trade and get what you want or need.

Since we are "collecting" covers, why not be able to trade them?

heard the game can be very easy hack so it will never happen.. ALSO why would anyone ever buy covers if they could trade it would kill the games profit.

I would rather see then do a buy back

2 stars 500 ISO
    3 stars 25 hp
    4 stars 100 hp

its better then nothing
  • As far as hacking and security I know absolutely nothing, so if that would prevent that from happening then nevermind. Wouldn't want to see any of our personal data fall into the wrong hands.

Now if it could be securely made, I'm not saying a free trade. Noooo. D3 would basically get HP for EVERY trade made. Maybe 1000 HP or 5000 HP. Basically make it so that there is a major cost involved with trading covers to deter a shortfall in HP purchases. This could possibly increase HP sales.

I'm basically giving a subliminal message of 1000HP for a SL cover is ridiculous. Something, ANYTHING more than the current 1000HP for a **** would be great.
  • So currently, you can upgrade a power on a 4* you already have for 2,500 spideycoin.png .

You might get some traction suggesting that an option is put in to instead pay (for example) 2,000 spideycoin.png and sacrifice a goat/unopened legendary token.
  • + 1 million,
    each time i have to sell a 3 star cover or higher for a small amount of ISO, i die a little on the inside.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put forth an idea long ago about a trading post.. you put a cover out there, people bid either HP, Ido, or another cover.. you can even say what you are looking for.. when you find an offer you want, hit accept, all are happy..

To keep things moving financially for D3, put a 50hp listing fee, gladly pay it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people are underestimating just how much work would be involved in creating any kind of marketplace, particularly if you are going to allow people to use one of multiple currencies to do so. This is also without taking into account that D3 would end up making less money as unless the fees were high enough on each trade, people would fund them from HP they earned in the game rather than some they had bought.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    And new players absolutely will get ripped off because they won't know the relative value of covers. They'll trade a Thor green for a Gamora green, or a Hood blue for a Psylocke blue, or a Panther black for a Hood black, etc, and they'll either rage at D3 or rage-quit, or both.

I like the Alliance vault suggestion a number of us came up with a while back. Put unwanted covers in there instead. Should be less prone to abuse.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    And new players absolutely will get ripped off because they won't know the relative value of covers. They'll trade a Thor green for a Gamora green, or a Hood blue for a Psylocke blue, or a Panther black for a Hood black, etc, and they'll either rage at D3 or rage-quit, or both.

I like the Alliance vault suggestion a number of us came up with a while back. Put unwanted covers in there instead. Should be less prone to abuse.

The problem with alliance vaults would be numerous.. especially with public alliances.. who hands out what, commanders would be able to abuse it to take what they want.. what about mercs?

If a trading post is setup.. it should be done on the forum.. when a transaction is agreed to, then the person accepting the trade completes the form.. IGN in the form, checkboxes for cover being traded (must be in inventory, not already recruited) iso etc.. if all requirements are met, the exchange happens, if anything is out of place.. it fails and gives an error code so you can find out why .. it can be automated.

I suggest using the forum for the reason you mentioned... this would mean noobs and those not familiar with many aspects have to come here.. we can put some general "how not to be ripped off" type stickies and rules, with links to character rankings/builds and whatnot.

i think i have given this too much thought.
  • optimus2861
    Malcrof wrote:
    The problem with alliance vaults would be numerous.. especially with public alliances.. who hands out what, commanders would be able to abuse it to take what they want.. what about mercs?
    I had a number of thoughts along these lines:
    • You get one free draw from the alliance vault per day. Additional draws cost HP, to a max of X per day (2? 3? 5?), not to exceed the maximum # of donations you may make per day.
    • You must donate at least one item into the vault per day to get your free draw. You may make a max of X donations per day (3?).
    • There must be a minimum of 40 items in the vault before anyone can draw (prevents straight-up trade attempts), maximum of 100 or more items.
    • You must be a member of the alliance for at least X days since you (last) joined it (7? 14? 30?) to draw from or donate to the vault (anti-merc rule).
    • Commanders do not get additional draws or donations.
    • If you leave or are kicked, your donated items are ... I can make an argument for 'returned to you' and one for 'deleted from the vault'. Pros & cons of both, I'm afraid.

I think it could be done. Doubt D3 will ever go for it though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I had a number of thoughts along these lines:
    • You get one free draw from the alliance vault per day. Additional draws cost HP, to a max of X per day (2? 3? 5?), not to exceed the maximum # of donations you may make per day.
    • You must donate at least one item into the vault per day to get your free draw. You may make a max of X donations per day (3?).
      I think it could be done. Doubt D3 will ever go for it though.
    I think you'd also want to require people to donate an item of equal or higher rarity to withdraw an item from the vault, to keep it from getting filled with Yelena covers.

It'll never happen, but it's an interesting thought.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ white elephant gift party!
  • optimus2861
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think you'd also want to require people to donate an item of equal or higher rarity to withdraw an item from the vault, to keep it from getting filled with Yelena covers.

It'll never happen, but it's an interesting thought.
    I'd say 2* donations are the minimum requirement in the first place, and as for 'equal or higher' to get a draw... that doesn't help new players seeking 2* and 3* covers. I sold a Storm green & a Cage yellow just this week, for instance. I'd have happily thrown those in the alliance vault for someone else in my alliance to have; 500 ISO doesn't go very far these days anyway.