IMHB Boosted for Week... Except He's not against Galactus?

Tarheelmax
Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I think it's kind of a tinykitty move to tell everyone in the sneak peek thread that IMHB is going to be boosted for Anniversary week, then NOT boost him in the main event.

I specifically leveled him from 166 to 200 based on information provided by the Dev team. I sure could use that ISO back to use on someone that actually is boosted... say XF Wolvie.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow, no panther or thor either. funny how they severely limit thor's buffed usefulness. I swear he's only boosted offseason. and now when we have a major offseason event, nope, not for that though.

edit: and I took my hb from 168 to 220. that was my short-term goal anyway, but I did it today to prepare for the beginning of the event tomorrow. that is a ton of iso and that blows.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    And where are you getting this info from, may I ask?

Because all I see officially is:
    10/8/15-10/14/15
    4* - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin
    3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern)
    2* - Bullseye, Moonstone
    1* - Storm, Venom

Are you sure you're not confusing "essential" with "boosted"?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    in-game tile is active. the one that had the spaceship approaching earth. go look in game.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Buffed or not, putting ISO into IMHB over XFW is a good choice anyways. He's still at the top of the heap of 4* and Wolvie is not.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Pretty sneaky, devs.

Three of my big hitters buffed but not for the event I really need them in.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    in-game tile is active. the one that had the spaceship approaching earth. go look in game.

Gotcha. Comment retracted.
  • Pretty sneaky, devs.

Hopefully they didn't look at your roster and purposefully do this to hurt your chances in the event. That would be terrible!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    barrok wrote:
    Pretty sneaky, devs.

Hopefully they didn't look at your roster and purposefully do this to hurt your chances in the event. That would be terrible!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe that's exactly what happened. You don't know!
  • In the stickied post at the top of the GD page, the one with the info about the Galactus event, it has the list of characters that are essential specifically for that event. That list has been there for several days.

Should have checked there too before you put ISO into HB. And like stated before, lvl 200 IMHB is far more useful than XF.
  • In the stickied post at the top of the GD page, the one with the info about the Galactus event, it has the list of characters that are essential specifically for that event. That list has been there for several days.

Should have checked there too before you put ISO into HB. And like stated before, lvl 200 IMHB is far more useful than XF.
    Except that essential is not the same as weekly buffed?

Until now the essential/featured characters were buffed along the regular weekly buff list.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least Kamala is on both lists. That yellow passive is going to be a godsend in survival nodes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    In the stickied post at the top of the GD page, the one with the info about the Galactus event, it has the list of characters that are essential specifically for that event. That list has been there for several days.

Except that essential is not the same as weekly buffed?

Until now the essential/featured characters were buffed along the regular weekly buff list.
    It wasn't in Ultron...
  • Tarheelmax
    In the stickied post at the top of the GD page, the one with the info about the Galactus event, it has the list of characters that are essential specifically for that event. That list has been there for several days.

Dude, first off a little life lesson: before you act all uppity and self righteous, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Second, let me shed some light on what anyone that has played in the last six months should know.

1. Essentials and boosted characters are not the same thing.

2. Events under the story tab have essential characters that are boosted for the event. They fall under the "boosted this event category"

3. Events under the story tab also have weekly boosted characters. These fall under the "boosted this week category."

4. The sneak peek specifically calls out IMHB as a "powered up this week" character for aniversary week.

5. The thread telling us the essential characters for galactus (which I read before my thread), lists the essentials, also known as the "powered up this event" characters.

Lastly, everyone knows IMHB is better outright than XF wolvie. But in a special event that gives out great prizes and double ISO, it may be a good long-term idea to have the characters that are powered up ready to dominate to get said prizes. And then I could use that doubled ISO to concentrate on the top tier IMHB

I hope this clears things up for you.
  • This is going to be nightmare in the Devil Dino event with Kamala Khan boosted up along with Hulkbuster. Dino's little arms waving around some tiles -> Kamala keeps healing Hulkbuster.....Can already see some massively long matches!!
  • Complaining that the best 4* character isn't made better. Talk about first word problems.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Complaining that the best 4* character isn't made better. Talk about first word problems.

It took me hours to finish my first document as I couldn't touch type.....
  • Tarheelmax wrote:

Dude, first off a little life lesson: before you act all uppity and self righteous, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Second, let me shed some light on what anyone that has played in the last six months should know.

2. Events under the story tab have essential characters that are boosted for the event. They fall under the "boosted this event category"

3. Events under the story tab also have weekly boosted characters. These fall under the "boosted this week category."

4. The sneak peek specifically calls out IMHB as a "powered up this week" character for aniversary week.

5. The thread telling us the essential characters for galactus (which I read before my thread), lists the essentials, also known as the "powered up this event" characters.

Lastly, everyone knows IMHB is better outright than XF wolvie. But in a special event that gives out great prizes and double ISO, it may be a good long-term idea to have the characters that are powered up ready to dominate to get said prizes. And then I could use that doubled ISO to concentrate on the top tier IMHB

IceIX wrote:
    We don't set events around the weekly buff list, so it's quite possible that characters will be cut off. Just bad luck for Xavier in particular.
    IceIX wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015

This month is Marvel Puzzle Quest's 2 year Anniversary, and coming with it will be several special events surrounding it. More information will be coming very soon on that.

*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

Also, like stated above, the buff list did not apply to the Ultron event. Which I believe was less than 6 months ago.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax wrote:

IceIX wrote:
    We don't set events around the weekly buff list, so it's quite possible that characters will be cut off. Just bad luck for Xavier in particular.
    IceIX wrote:

This month is Marvel Puzzle Quest's 2 year Anniversary, and coming with it will be several special events surrounding it. More information will be coming very soon on that.

*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

Also, like stated above, the buff list did not apply to the Ultron event. Which I believe was less than 6 months ago.

Nice job grabbing IceIX quotes that have nothing to do with the conversation. I can quote things too:

"Everything on the internet is true." - Abraham Lincoln

Ultron was the Ultron event; not the Galactus event. The first run of Ultron was before weekly buffs. The second run was before the sneak peek posts, with the purpose of making the game more transparent. The second run of Ultron was set overlapping two weekly boost lists. It was not set on the first day of the weekly boost list turn over.

Maybe people think it's better to infer that the boosted characters will be based on a different event run months ago instead of relying on information posted in the last week by the Devs, but I don't.

The Devs very easily could have put a note out there, in so many places, letting us know that this time the weekly boost list will NOT apply to Galactus. Why not state in the sneak peek post after listing the weekly boost announcement: "these boosts do not necessarily apply to the Galactus Event."
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Nice job grabbing IceIX quotes that have nothing to do with the conversation. I can quote things too:

"Everything on the internet is true." - Abraham Lincoln

Ultron was the Ultron event; not the Galactus event. The first run of Ultron was before weekly buffs. The second run was before the sneak peek posts, with the purpose of making the game more transparent. The second run of Ultron was set overlapping two weekly boost lists. It was not set on the first day of the weekly boost list turn over.

Maybe people think it's better to infer that the boosted characters will be based on a different event run months ago instead of relying on information posted in the last week by the Devs, but I don't.

The Devs very easily could have put a note out there, in so many places, letting us know that this time the weekly boost list will NOT apply to Galactus. Why not state in the sneak peek post after listing the weekly boost announcement: "these boosts do not necessarily apply to the Galactus Event."

So, apologies where apologies are due (this is me applying one of those life lessons)...

I was just informed that "GD Post" stands for "General Discussion Post." I assumed GD stood for something else entirely. So, Revenge, I am sorry that I responded to you in an aggressive manner.

So while I disagree with you in the substance of the argument, I shouldn't have responded in the manner I did. Again, I'm sorry.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    as everyone else has pointed out, a level 200 IMHB is better than a level 240 XFW (Personally, i would a take a 5/5/3 @200 IMHB over a 270 XFW).

And essential is not the same as boosted, so there is still hope. So there is really nothing to see here.