Bring us a new 3 star hero!

slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
All you guys bring us are four stars and above, and it's a bit counter-intuitive because in order to get those four star and above characters you need to have another four star hero or above. I just want another 3 star hero again so I could actually have a chance to get all the covers for a hero. It's already hard enough to get all three covers for a four star hero, and now you guys brought in five star heroes! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are 40 3*'s..

Pretty sure they are done with 3* land. What they need is a place where transitioners can win loads of 3*s to begin working on 4*s..
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is definitely no need for more 3* characters, if anything there is more room in the 1* and 2* levels for one.

As far as 3* characters, the focus should be on providing ways for people to get a usable number of covers, at their level in the game maybe they could even have the first cover be a 1/1/1 cover so that when a character comes up as an essential they would be marginally less of a passenger.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    As far as 3* characters, the focus should be on providing ways for people to get a usable number of covers, at their level in the game maybe they could even have the first cover be a 1/1/1 cover so that when a character comes up as an essential they would be marginally less of a passenger.
    Now that they've switched to loaner 1/1/1 covers in PvP, I think making the first cover of a character be at 1/1/1 in all tiers would be kind of great. It's so annoying to have a 0/1/0 benchwarmer sitting in your roster for weeks or months. Even 1/1/1 isn't that useful in most cases, but at least you would get to use their full versatility.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    There are 40 3*'s..

Pretty sure they are done with 3* land. What they need is a place where transitioners can win loads of 3*s to begin working on 4*s..
    Agreed. The placement & progression awards, in PVP especially, are in dire need of adjustment to deal with the new reality that 4* players dominate the top tier and are moving onto 5*. 3* players are being left in the dust.

I really think as the 5* tier grows we'll be in dire need of separate brackets for PVP; a '3* and below' bracket and a 'everyone allowed' bracket, with the latter having better prizes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Now that they've switched to loaner 1/1/1 covers in PvP, I think making the first cover of a character be at 1/1/1 in all tiers would be kind of great. It's so annoying to have a 0/1/0 benchwarmer sitting in your roster for weeks or months. Even 1/1/1 isn't that useful in most cases, but at least you would get to use their full versatility.

I stayed away from suggesting it for 4* characters as it would allow people to whale new characters, which D3 profess to not want, but there is obviously a wide age range even when it comes to 4* characters and they could do it for the older ones.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I stayed away from suggesting it for 4* characters as it would allow people to whale new characters, which D3 profess to not want, but there is obviously a wide age range even when it comes to 4* characters and they could do it for the older ones.
    There are already a ton of people willing to whale new characters, and prepared to grind PvE to the bone for the privilege of doing so.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would think making it easier to whale new characters would be good for D3. Players may gripe about it, but we all know this is a f2p business model, and HP purchases pay the bills.