Tied scores

On the Real Steel event, I finished 26th. 25th place went to someone with the same score. It would be less frustrating if ties at reward tiers gave both players the reward. It doesn't happen often, so it wouldn't drastically change payouts, though I realize it might require some trickier programming.
I know this is probably not going to be changed, but it is very frustrating to miss out on a cover you need by a margin of zero points.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    drewesque wrote:
    On the Real Steel event, I finished 26th. 25th place went to someone with the same score. It would be less frustrating if ties at reward tiers gave both players the reward. It doesn't happen often, so it wouldn't drastically change payouts, though I realize it might require some trickier programming.
    I know this is probably not going to be changed, but it is very frustrating to miss out on a cover you need by a margin of zero points.

This happens more often then you would think, most especially in LR's. The way it works now, is first to that score gets the placement..

Just an FYI, if an award is worth it to you, i recommend doing one more battle or shield hop to secure it.

This is not a fix at all for the problem, but hopefully helps a little.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happened to me twice in one week and even to my alliance. I checked with customer service, and it works as Malcrof said. They also said that if someone with a higher score loses points resulting in a tie with you, they will get the higher ranking. It sucks, but you roll the dice when you shield up for the remainder of an event.
  • I had lost points to get there, but maybe they lost points after I did. When I had looked with less than a minute to go, I was #24, but was out of time for that one last match to be sure.
    I actually would have been in better position if I hadn't done my last shield hop, because I lost more than I gained (I gained enough for my 1000 points, but lost a lot of points during my last match and missed that, too).
    I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, and I understand how it works, but I think ties could both get the reward. That's why I posted as a suggestion, and not a bug.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, instead of tie-breakers, give both people the award.