Improving Lightning Round character selection

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
OK. We have had the same boosted characters forever (at least it feels like forever), and it's quite frankly a bad lineup with plenty of overlapping colors. Here's my suggestions for new lineups that hopefully are more fun.

Villains:
Drop Dr Doom and Loki. Keep Magneto and Ragnarok as they have active skills in good colors. Keep Mystique, as she is the newest of the purple/black crew. Add Dr Octopus for another active green skill and The Hood for another active yellow skill.

Heroes:
I suggest dropping Iron Man 40 and Punisher, as their exact colors are covered by Steve Rogers and Gamora. I'd like to see Blade added, since he only got his own Lightning Rounds once many months ago. The final character... doesn't really matter that much. I don't quite remember who you have artwork for already. She-Hulk maybe?

Hopefully, by updating the character list a bit you could make the lightning rounds more fun to play and perhaps make the prizes a bit more interesting.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of increasing the selection, but why drop existing characters? Or at least, why permanently? The Lightning Round runs through the same two sets of characters, so it does get stale. Mix it up a bit, but don't take away my boosted Dr. Doom forever!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I like the idea of increasing the selection, but why drop existing characters? Or at least, why permanently? The Lightning Round runs through the same two sets of characters, so it does get stale. Mix it up a bit, but don't take away my boosted Dr. Doom forever!
    They seem set on having 5 characters featured in the lightning rounds. I assume it's so they don't have to tinker with the odds of the lightning rounds tokens. icon_e_smile.gif
    I did not like the early heroic rounds where six heroes were boosted, as that meant 12 hour intervals between a given character's rounds - as I recall the round on my best playing time always featured the worst character for me. Five is probably a good number.
    I wouldn't mind rotating boosted characters, but I do realize each change necessitates new token art at least.